• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

17 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I expect the following dominos to fall once the trade happens:

Land DW
Sign Terron Armstead
Sign Cam Newton to a one year deal (insurance for suspension)
Sign Aj Klein, jack or littleton
Bring back Dante Jackson/Gilmore

Superb Owl?

1 minute ago, Mage said:

Man some people really have forgotten how good Watson is.

Love Cam

Panthers have NEVER had a QB who can make throws like that consistently

exactly. I'm as big a Cam fan as there is and DW4 walks through the door immediately as the best passer the QB have ever had.

• Pie 3

Someone questioned earlier if we've seen Watson rise to the occasion on a competitive team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKhocS3rln0

Imagine having a 26-year old capable of making plays like that

By the way, that Bills defense?  2nd in the league in points allowed that season. Same Bills team that went 13-3 the following year.

Some of ya'll really are sleeping on Deshaun. 

And yeah, he had Hopkins in Houston... but in Carolina, it would easily be the best skill position group he's ever thrown to.  The numbers he would put up would be stupid.

Damn I really want this man. Honestly I think I've forgotten how special he was too.  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

exactly. I'm as big a Cam fan as there is and DW4 walks through the door immediately as the best passer the QB have ever had.

One similarity they do have is that competitive spirit.  This is my biggest problem with Teddy and Darnold.  Yeah they suck but worse than that, they don't have that edge to them that Cam had.  Or even Delhomme had - Delhomme was never great but dammit you knew he'd always put up a fight.  Cam spoiled me, I'll never be able to accept a "it is what it is" QB ever again.

Watson is determined as hell to win.  That has always been his M.O.  

• Pie 4

If the Panthers planned on drafting left tackle this year and a quarterback next year that will be two of the first rounders.
Another thing to consider is if we have no intention of resigning Brian Burns and it’s best to get value out of him now. It is better to get higher value now than to just let him walk in free agency later .

The only true loss would be Jeremy Chinn since he has the most upside potential for being a pro bowler within a year or so.

Edited by Monrowed
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Monrowed said:

If thePanthers planned on drafting left tackle this year and a quarterback next year that will be two of the first rounders.
Another thing to consider is if we have no intention of resigning Brian Burns and it’s best to get value out of him now. It is better to get higher value now than to just let him walk in free agency later .

The only true loss would be Jeremy Chinn since he has the most upside potential for being a pro bowler within a year or so.

You see it.