• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

18 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I thought it was already reported the Browns were out? I doubt the Texans would want him to be traded an AFC team anyway.

There’s no way he’s going to the Browns. He could play in Charlotte or NO but chooses Cleveland? Nah. His agent is forcing that meeting because he owes the GM or something…

2 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

There’s no way he’s going to the Browns. He could play in Charlotte or NO but chooses Cleveland? Nah. His agent is forcing that meeting because he owes the GM or something…

The browns have everything he wants though. Great line, good coach, good defense. That was the wildcard team some people were worried about. The Texans do have a little power here where they can say “here these are the teams with the best packages you can waive your ntc” and that could exclude the browns, because they are an AFC team.

last I read their package was really weak. Like 2 1sts 2 2nds mayfield and one other player. Maybe they upped it idk.

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I thought it was already reported the Browns were out? I doubt the Texans would want him to be traded an AFC team anyway.

He is meeting with the Browns today. Ben Allbright is claiming it’s just for show. A random guy in Twitter called him out about that and Allbright posted he would give $1000 to a charity of the guys choice if Watson ends up in Cleveland 

Just now, X-Clown said:

He is meeting with the Browns today. Ben Allbright is claiming it’s just for show. A random guy in Twitter called him out about that and Allbright posted he would give $1000 to a charity of the guys choice if Watson ends up in Cleveland 

Yeah.. I thought I read from a reputable source he just flat out said no to Cleveland too. I know there’s a lot of poo flinging going on right now tho

Edited by TheRumGone

9 minutes ago, pww42 said:

I wished it was over already...

It's like, watching you buddy ask a girl on a prom date and she is waiting for better offers.

I’d say more like we’re on a prom date with a dud of a date and not having a good time, but one of the prettiest (and perhaps sleaziest) girls is giving us the eyes while other guys are chatting her up. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah.. I thought I read from a reputable source he just flat out said no to Cleveland too. I know there’s a lot of poo flinging going on right now tho

Yeah it was discussed in the OG thread. I’m boycotting this thread. Back to the OG Watson watch thread!!!0

Just now, TheRumGone said:

The browns have everything he wants though. Great line, good coach, good defense. That was the wildcard team some people were worried about. The Texans do have a little power here where they can say “here these are the teams with the best packages you can waive your ntc” and that could exclude the browns, because they are an AFC team.

last I read their package was really weak. Like 2 1sts 2 2nds mayfield and one other player. Maybe they upped it idk.

Despite the weak package, i actually think him meeting with the Browns is more bc if the Texans interest than his.  As dumb as the McNairs are, I could see them thinking Baker gets them where they want to be a lot quicker and he's a Texas guy, so they might think he could help them rebound quickly with fans and sales.

I just don't see why Deshaun would be all that interested despite the good structure in place.  It probably is the best team top to bottom on both sides of the ball with the best coach, or at least known quantity in a coach, out of the 3 teams we know of...  but, at the end of the day, it's Cleveland.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Damn.

I knew a bit about Allbright before this week, but since intently following the Watson stuff, he has quickly become one of my favorites.

• Pie 2