• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

The more I think about if you are Deshaun Watson and you just had a meeting with Matt Rhule and David tepper would you honestly want to sign away your best years away with them? .... Maybe if you were at the end of your career and your just trying to make as much cash as possible yeah before the ride was over. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

@joemac @Shocker

49ers are -4 million in cap, and are admitting that Trey Lance is a bust. If they trade Trey they have to eat 27million in dead cap on the spot. Also, they dont have a first round pick for the next 2 years. 

Trey most likely would not be apart of the deal, bc the Texans wouldnt want to take on a QB that is a pure project unless they could get something for him another deal. Also, the Texans would not get much draft capital they can in other deals. The 49ers would have to give up some serious talent to make this happen. That talent would have to be Fred Warner and Bosa. 

I dont know how they could make it work, but we will see.

Maybe on Mars.  Ain’t happening.  I think that social media is like 80% bullshet right now…probably a conservative number

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

4 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Trade assets? Huh? LOL. WUT? 

Stupid. The Taints have pick 28. What players are they giving up?

I think we have the best offer but DW prefers a different team for obvious reasons.

If only Tepper had fired Rhule for a real coach.

• Beer 2

Just now, RJK said:

It’s in Watsons best interest to pick the deal that least guts the team he’s going to. Meeting with all these teams that can’t even make a trade for him and creating a bidding war is dumb AF. 

He has an interest too in seeing how much he's going to get paid. He gambled and went short-term/high AAV. This is his chance to play a shadow free agency game.