• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

2 minutes ago, roaddog96 said:

I mean it's a wise move on his part to talk to the teams. For a year, he's been persona non grata to all the NFL teams except us and the Dolphins last year. All the teams coming up now would want to talk so he should listen, that's being smart about your business. But no one will outbid Tepper at this point if it gets to that. I believe that the reason why the deal isn't done is because we are trying to not give up players and Houston wants it so now people who they were telling no to, they are now allowing to speak to try and force more. 

He still controls where he goes with the NTC.  So why is he meeting with teams he knows will be completely gutted if they somehow can put together enough assets to even make the trade for him?  Or teams that in reality, have no way to clear the cap space for him?

At this point, the longer he strings it out, the less assets we can add to help (like Armstead) if we're waiting on him, and the more he drives up the price for whatever team he agrees to go to.  And say HOU likes our offer the best...  he can still tell them, after having met with us, that he doesn't want to come here.  It just doesn't make sense.

• Beer 1

I just hope that after Watson signs with another team that this experience gives tepper real brass balls that he speaks about.

Tepper should have fired Rhule during the season last year but he didn't because he didn't have the balls to do it.

Tepper hasn't even came out and address the fans at all since the season has ended..... And now he lost Watson because of Matt Rhule .

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Ramcyzk would be something like an immediate 27 million dead cap hit if hes traded.  They JUST restructured his contract to attempt to get under the cap.  I just dont see the resources there on NO's side.  Especially compared to what we can offer. 

Only guys with any measure of value they can move:

Payton Turner

CGJ

Marcus Davenport

Paulson Adebo

Pete Werner (if he has any real value)

That whole package isn't even worth the 6th overall pick by itself. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Proudiddy said:

He still controls where he goes with the NTC.  So why is he meeting with teams he knows will be completely gutted if they somehow can put together enough assets to even make the trade for him?  Or teams that in reality, have no way to clear the cap space for him?

At this point, the longer he strings it out, the less assets we can add to help (like Armstead) if we're waiting on him, and the more he drives up the price for whatever team he agrees to go to.  And say HOU likes our offer the best...  he can still tell them, after having met with us, that he doesn't want to come here.  It just doesn't make sense.

It's not just about assets, it might just be about getting more $$$ on an immediate contract re-structure.  If it was just about winning he'd have narrowed it down by now so teams wouldn't have to bid against others. He clearly wants to get paid as much as possible, which is fine, but is going to be hell for whoever gets him when they won't even have draft picks for a while.

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
· 1h
The Falcons have emerged as a sleeper team to acquire Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, league sources tell @mortreport and me. The Falcons join the Panthers, Saints and Browns as teams that have met with, or are interested in, trading for Watson. More to come on ESPN.

Just now, tgrfan01 said:
Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
· 1h
The Falcons have emerged as a sleeper team to acquire Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, league sources tell @mortreport and me. The Falcons join the Panthers, Saints and Browns as teams that have met with, or are interested in, trading for Watson. More to come on ESPN.

Tweets showed that Falcons are using Schefty to up the price to a potential Carolina or New Orleans trade. 

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Stupid. The Taints have pick 28. What players are they giving up?

I think we have the best offer but DW prefers a different team for obvious reasons.

If only Tepper had fired Rhule for a real coach.

Preaching to the choir. this makes no sense.