• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

Yall do understand that Watson doesn't get to choose where he goes, Houston does. He only has veto power.

Yep. Houston let's him meet with potential suitors to waive the NTC, which he has. Now it's in Houston's hands.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, cookinbrak said:

Yall do understand that Watson doesn't get to choose where he goes, Houston does. He only has veto power.

Well he kinda does though.  He can say "I will not waive my NTC except to go to Carolina" and Houston is kinda screwed.  I guess they dont have to actually trade him, but that would get real messy real fast. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Chinns positional value just isn’t there. Burns is the one that will hurt the most imo. People forget he just finished his 3rd year. For his position he has so much room to grow. 

Agree. Losing Chinn is not a big deal. Not worked about Burns either because he's very one-dimensional. He's still got room to develop, but I think it's far from a guarantee that he's more than a dynamic pass rusher with serious holes in his game against the run. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Chinns positional value just isn’t there. Burns is the one that will hurt the most imo. People forget he just finished his 3rd year. For his position he has so much room to grow. 

Yeah, I don't like it at all...  

As I was telling a friend recently who doesn't get to see our games but knows about our star players - if Burns could complete the tackle even a 1/3 of the time on the ones he gets a hand on the QB and missed, he would be cranking out 15 sacks a year, MINIMUM.  Now if he converted at an even higher rate in those misses, he very easily could have a 20 sack year any given year.

I really hope we find a way to keep him.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

So he doesn't get to choose, he can just tell the Texans no to anyone he wants to tell them no to. lol. okay. 

Just now, joemac said:

Well he kinda does though.  He can say "I will not waive my NTC except to go to Carolina" and Houston is kinda screwed.  I guess they dont have to actually trade him, but that would get real messy real fast. 

Tepper needs to pull some blackops stuff here. Find a way to put 100mil quietly in DW pocket to only waive his trade clause for us

• Pie 1

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, I don't like it at all...  

As I was telling a friend recently who doesn't get to see our games but knows about our star players - if Burns could complete the tackle even a 1/3 of the time on the ones he gets a hand on the QB and missed, he would be cranking out 15 sacks a year, MINIMUM.  Now if he converted at an even higher rate in those misses, he very easily could have a 20 sack year any given year.

I really hope we find a way to keep him.

The problem is, he doesn't convert on those sacks.