• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fair warning.

Zod

If we can get Watson and not give up any players, I'm all for that at almost any cost... want our next 5 first rounders?  Take them

But I just can't get on board with 3 first rounders plus two of our best young defensive players, losing the combination of all that would decimate our ability to build a competitive team around Watson, particularly the defense.

But if we can keep say Chinn and Horn and give them 2 way future first rounders instead... COUNT ME IN... as by that time, those should be more like early second round picks anyways.

1 hour ago, Zod said:

IF the Panthers come away with Deshaun Watson WITHOUT giving up ANY players...  Any Tepper slander will be met with a firm banning.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

Reality:  If Tepper wins the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes, the Panthers are gonna get fleeced.

Might as well announce:  It's open season on Tepper and Rhule fellas!  Release the hounds!

Release The Hounds The Simpsons GIF - Release The Hounds The Simpsons  Running - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth

... So if I understand this correctly, Watson has to remove the trade clause in order for another team to sign him...

If thats the case than once Watson 'chooses a team' its in Watson's best interest to make his 'new team' trade as little as possible for him. 

So that would put the negotiating power back into the hands of the team that he choose. 

Am I understanding that incorrectly?

3 hours ago, Zod said:

If the Panthers come away with Deshaun Watson without giving up any players all while extending and restructuring Watson giving enough room for continued offensive line improvement......

This join is going to be rainbows and honey dew for the foreseeable future. Any Tepper slander will be met with a firm banning. Anything short of verbally felating Fitterer/Rhule will be seen as an aggressive attack on the best coach/GM in the NFL.

Of course, anything short of this and flame away on these turds.

You are being wildly optimistic. And I'm prepared to be banned this fall when the team is garbage despite trading for Watson. 

• Flames 1