• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

I'm not even sure they'd make the playoffs WITH Watson

well, if you got a better than average D, CMC (even for 10 games), DJ Moore and Watson.....and can't make the playoffs? 

Well, as I said, we have a Matt Rhule problem. 

• Beer 1

The thing that attracts some to Garrapolo however, was his ability to play QB on a team with a good running game, a good TE, Deebo, etc. and a good defense.  He still made mistakes and lost his job.

Bring him here, and the training wheels flying off his scooter would injure people.

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I wouldn't argue that.  But I don't think that elevates him into a much better QB. 

Just now, joemac said:

Baker and Sam are not even in the same stratosphere. Baker is the FAR superior QB.

If Baker ends up being a cheap consolation prize from this, I wont be butthurt. Ive seen Baker make some very impressive throws in the NFL and he has 6 4th qaurter comebacks along with 7 GW drives in his 4 year NFL career. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

Baker and Sam are not even in the same stratosphere. Baker is the FAR superior QB.

Someone else was claiming the same thing, that they’re similar QBs.  No the hell they aren’t lol.  If we can’t get Watson I’d be okay with getting Mayfield if it’s nothing crazy to acquire him.  He’s at least been good, unlike Darnold

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

If Baker ends up being a cheap consolation prize from this, I wont be butthurt. Ive seen Baker make some very impressive throws in the NFL and he has 6 4th qaurter comebacks along with 7 GW drives in his 4 year NFL career. 

Baker isn’t bad. I just don’t want to give up draft picks/pay money for another QB who isn’t our franchise guy. Take a chance and draft one or sign a FA like Mariotta and wait until next year…

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, if you got a better than average D, CMC (even for 10 games), DJ Moore and Watson.....and can't make the playoffs? 

Well, as I said, we have a Matt Rhule problem. 

Consider the pieces lost on defense though. Reddick, Jackson, Gilmore, DaQuan Jones. And if they trade for Watson, it's likely Jeremy Chinn, Burns, and/or Derrick Brown will be gone. Possibly even Jaycee Horn. Not sure which players they offered. Defense is taking a step back next season either way most likely, but even worse to give up assets for Watson. 

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Baker isn’t bad. I just don’t want to give up draft picks/pay money for another QB who isn’t our franchise guy. Take a chance and draft one or sign a FA like Mariotta and wait until next year…

If Baker came to us for cheap, say a 4th rounder. Id be willing to take that risk. We would just have to find a way to get Sam off of the roster. 

• Pie 1