• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

What do you mean? Him and Darnold are on the same contract. If he revived here, he'd probably want to stay.

I dont think we trade for Baker though, I believe Macadoo isnt a fan of Baker if my memory serves me correct.

If he plays average/above average like he has in the past it throws us out if drafting a top QB without trading away picks (like the Niners) and he is going to want money like Cousins to stay. It’s a tough spot to be in…

• Beer 1

Just now, Solaris said:

She was all about the Browns and said going to play for your hometown or where you played in college is overrated to most players. Said that players sharing an agent doesn’t matter. What changed? I don’t think she has a source but she’s signaling like she does and basing everything on the same reports anyone else can read on Twitter. And I think she personally doesn’t want Watson in Charlotte and it’s affecting her coverage. It doesn’t have an impact on the outcome but keep it in mind if you’re going off of what she’s saying about this.

Oh I think she has a source on this. I also think her source could be wrong, we will never know. 

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

If we don't get him, I hope a handful of you who care more about one superstar than the team get so pissy you go root for another team this year.

Its not even that now, its how desperate Tepper has been, if Watson goes to one of the other teams it just further buries us in the basement

He needs to figure out how all of our info gets leaked but we have hardly heard anything on what the other teams are offering. 

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

As far as the Baker stuff.  He is a good QB.  Again, I think if everything around him is up to par, he is a top 15 QB in the league.  He showed flashes year before last...  but, he also has his limitations.  So i'm not saying I wouldn't want him, but not for what it would likely cost.  We've already been down that road.  If they want to give him Way for like a 4th rounder, maybe...  but if Darnold commanded a 2nd, Baker is definitely going for at least that.😂

But my point is, I'm tired of rehashes and other people's unwanted trash...  if we miss on Watson, swing for the fences with Willis.  Baker might be a solid, above average QB, but his limitations that keep him from being GREAT, are the physicals - which Willis has.  If he can figure out the pro game, he could be a "face of the league" kind of guy.

The price will be low. He's on the same 5th year option deal as Darnold. I would be surprised if they got more than a conditional 2023 third that can become a second. That's why I am pretty concerned Carolina will take a stab at him. Darnold + 2023 conditional third for Mayfield sounds pretty realistic to me. 

Just now, The Lobo said:

Oh I think she has a source on this. I also think her source could be wrong, we will never know. 

That’s just semantics then. If they’re wrong how plugged in are they? I mean message me and I’ll be your source lol.

• Pie 1

Just now, Squirrel said:

Just my two cents he is coming here.  If it was Atlanta it would have already been announced.  If the Saints was his second option we would have been dropped.  

This is taking so long because Atlanta is trying to trade Matt Ryan to make cap space to trade for Watson. Deshaun's mind is made up - he wants to go play in Atlanta. No doubt about that. Falcons might not be able to make it happen right now with Matt Ryan's insane cap number. He never agreed to the restructuring either. Unless the Colts come in in the 11th hour and trade for him the Falcons might be out.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

If they want to give him Way for like a 4th rounder, maybe...  but if Darnold commanded a 2nd, Baker is definitely going for at least that.😂

Yeah, but the difference is that the Browns just fuged up by blasting out in public right now. They just destroyed ALLL of their leverage. 

Again, I dont think we go after him because Macadoo is not a fan.

4 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Exactly.  Again - offer him 50M per year, making him the highest paid QB behind Rodgers.  Give him more than Mahomes and Allen and there is no way he says no.  I promise you that. 

Agreed. Do what Buffalo did with Von Miller and give him an offer he can't refuse 

• Pie 2

Just now, ForJimmy said:

If he goes the the Colts he should be happy. Great OL, running game, and defense. 

I dont think Ballard wants him though...  I think the Falcons are trying to sell Ryan hard to the colts. However, I dont think they want another Phillip Rivers situatrion on their hands..