• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

1 minute ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

If he’s taking the whole weekend any word if Tepper will try to land another meeting like the Saints?

Maybe up his offer? Steve Reed sorta made it seem like he could get this trade without giving up players. May have been speculation though. 

5 minutes ago, KyaKona said:

Ryan is a bigger person than me (or is getting something extra in return), because no way I’m delaying my money so the team can replace me.

He's almost certainly negotiating with potential trade partners himself. 

Worst case scenario —

- Watson drags this out waiting on Falcons

- in the meantime the Aints drop out

- Falcons can’t get rid of Matty Ice and decide to bow out themselves

- we’re stuck making the trade, Tepper declares it a huge win but we miss playoffs this year due to his suspension and Rhule sucking

- make the playoffs the next couple years but can’t win it all

- at end of his current contract DeBitch Watson forces his way out, we tag him anyways but ultimately have to trade him to Atlanta for a 2nd or 3rd round pick as he’ll only go there 

Edited by t96

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

If Watson goes to Atlanta then Winston in NO and Ryan in Indy or Cleveland. Loser of Ryan sweepstakes get Jimmy G

If Watson goes to NO then Winston in Indy and Jimmy G in Cleveland 

Baker might be destined for Seattle after putting it all down 

I don’t see anybody taking Ryan tho that’s the point. He’s 37 with a gigantic cap hit. Falcons can’t incentivize the trade with picks because they have to give up picks for deshaun and they can’t take on his cap hit because they need it for deshaun. It makes no fuging sense. Honestly I’m to the point where Tepper should tell HOU they have until Saturday or the deal is pulled. This is ridiculous.

Edited by TheRumGone

12 minutes ago, KyaKona said:

Matt Ryan agreed to putting off his money? Does Matt Ryan know about this? Is this like how the Falcons told Ryan about their intent to go after Watson when they actually didn't? Is this even legal without Matt Ryan signing off?

Something is not right about this. Call the bluff.

We'll see come the end of day tomorrow.

Just let it play out and watch the Texans and Falcons keep squirming through the weekend while they can't do anything big in free agency.