• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are OUT of the Watson race

Zod

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• The issue is there's 16 games worth of tape on Bryce Young. His bad habits are going to be immediately amplified if he reverts to them. Defenses are waiting for it. Also as another poster above rightly pointed out. He's got to start putting some oomph on these passes. That's also on tape. That's why us fans and his first GM who was fired wanted him to get into the weight room at any capacity but he took time off to do nothing. Whatever happens it won't be for a lack of trying. I think Dave Canales is the right hire to work with a QB like Bryce. The issue is we have no idea if he is the right hire to fix the overall offense and team or how he will handle that level of responsibility on gamedays with only one year of coordinating. I think this is either going to go really well or it's going to spiral. For all the talk of how bad Reich was and yes he was we really got much worse after he was fired and that's what Canales is inheriting. All of this is why I say it is important we have another young QB around just in case. Even a UFA. Also drafting a center for Bryce or whomever. We just need something anything to build on. Sustaining drives and getting into the end zone more often should be goals 1-3. We were h-o-r-r-e-n-d-o-u-s.
    • What Morgan should be focusing on it getting the best players from the draft group that is available to him this year. If that happens to be a defensive player he shouldn't pass on the guy just because he needs offensive talent. Especially if what's available for offensive help is not on the same level of said defensive player. It just comes down to who's still on the board when he picks. Not every position need can or will be addressed in this draft. It simply will not happen because no team is that lucky for one thing and this team is in bad, really bad shape. Secondly, no draft is filled with enough talent to allow for any team to walk away with more than one possible starter and one or two contributors in any one draft. I think everyone needs to curb their expectations about this year's draft.