• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are OUT of the Watson race

Zod

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Arthur blank went after Watson, not Fontenot. Owners own their teams, they have final say. As fans, we only have opinions 

My opinion is that Tepper is ass. I point to a historically mediocre franchise being in the midst of their worst stretch of success in team history since he bought the team for my reasoning.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

You don’t learn if you don’t try. Hopefully him failing … doesn’t change his “I want it, I’ll try my damn way to get it” attitude

The dude could have folded over a long time ago but stayed persistent  … he has his flaws but that’s a good strength to have in an owner 

Honestly, if it becomes known that the Texans/DW were trying to milk him for more & what crashed the deal was his refusal, I'd gain respect for him as an owner.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

Also anyone here trying to guilt trip others. Your team was literally willing to give up the farm and extend deshaun. So any morality you feel means you should stop supporting the panthers in any way based on that fact alone. They went after this guy hard for a year so you should be done with this team regardless if we landed him or not. Stay consistent.

Some of us really never wanted him. I find it hard to believe everyone employed by the Panthers wanted him even if they could not say so publicly. Some of us pull for the Panthers in spite of Tepper, not because of him. There are probably some Panthers  Players who really privately did not want him either. I think it’s a mistake to paint everyone with a broad brush. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Someone tell me about Mariota? Last time i

ssaw him he pulled his quad on a qb draw.

He played on a 4 million dollar contract last year and is better than anything we have. Draft a QB and give him a shot in the meantime. Costs no draft capital and can probably get him for 8-10m

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

My opinion is that Tepper is ass. I point to a historically mediocre franchise being in the midst of their worst stretch of success in team history since he bought the team for my reasoning.

I did a breakdown on terry pegula in the other thread, basically tepper is following his footsteps step by step. Took Terry about 6 years to figure it out. I assume the same for tepper.

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Not gonna lie, im gonna miss all that bonding we did over those Watson threads. It was nice to not have to open a thread to read “tepper sucks” and “this is the worst franchise in the history of the league”

Absolutely brother…that was fun and your attention to this was so appreciated.  Hang in there man…things will work out 

• Pie 2

Just now, Cdparr7 said:

He played on a 4 million dollar contract last year and is better than anything we have. Draft a QB and give him a shot in the meantime. Costs no draft capital and can probably get him for 8-10m

I’m not against this idea, but we need to sign armstead or Bozeman first 

• Pie 2