• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers are OUT of the Watson race

Zod

9 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I'm still hoping its 4 first round picks from ATL, because the only interesting player on that roster is Kyle Pitts.  And he's not getting moved.

I believe 3 firsts is the most the NFL allows you to trade

• Beer 1

The contract thing doesn't sound like a decision Tepper would have made. He'd have given Watson his firstborn if he asked.

Rhule's wheelhouse is to say what players he wants to keep, cut, extend, etc. but he doesn't necessarily deal in specific contract terms.

That decision would have been made by Fitterer, possibly also Suleiman.

8 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

It would be the Saints offensive line and their defense that would have been the biggest pull.

They have to trade someone or the Texans are just complete idiots. How could they want 3 1sts more picks + chinn and burns from us and let the saints get him while keeping all their guys??

Edited by PootieNunu

15 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

THe Saints roster thing confuses me, with Watson the panthers offense would have been better than the saints right? Moore, Watson, cmc > slant boi, kamara and Watson. 

And not to mention, I know he isn't high on many fans' lists here, but outside of Thomas, Robby Anderson is far superior to any other receiver on their roster...  and if TMJ and Shi can play with an NFL QB who doesn't get them murdered, in a functional NFL offense, they are likely better than any other weapon they have outside of Thomas and Kamara.

21 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

I dont buy it.  Why would we not want to guarantee 3rd and 4th years on a guy we're trading 3 firsts for and view as our franchise QB?  That's horseshit.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The contract thing doesn't sound like a decision Tepper would have made. He'd have given Watson his firstborn if he asked.

Rhule's wheelhouse is to say what players he wants to keep, cut, extend, etc. but he doesn't necessarily deal in specific contract terms.

That decision would have been made by Fitterer, possibly also Suleiman.

If true that kills the whole Fitterer is a yes man narrative. He may have saved them from selling the farm.

8 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

LOL. With this roster? With what QB is that going to happen with? 

I didn't say it would happen, I was saying I am hoping it will happen.... There is a difference.

In all seriousness, the roster isn't all terrible.... I just think they need proper coaching.

4 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

If true that kills the whole Fitterer is a yes man narrative. He may have saved them from selling the farm.

I've never bought into the idea that he was,

He doesn't sit at the top of the food chain, but that doesn't make him a "yes man" anymore than it makes John Schneider one.

3 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

I didn't say it would happen, I was saying I am hoping it will happen.... There is a difference.

In all seriousness, the roster isn't all terrible.... I just think they need proper coaching.

The roster is okay. Problem is, that doesn't mean poo if you don't have a QB.