• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we talk about Fitterer and the off-season so far

mc52beast

The top four picks from last year all are talented dudes, even with Horn getting hurt and Marshall taking his lumps. BC is gonna be a starter and I think he'll be okay, and im very glad Tremble got the playing time he did last year, he looks like a solid prospect and starter too, despite Ian's contract. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Really hoping he trades down from 6 like last year and gets the freedom to add talent to this roster. I'm pretty happy with his draft picks overall and the free agent signings. The defensive ones were solid last year, too, and the idea of making sure you're good at corner is sound so i dig being aggressive at that position. It also looks like someone, probably him, realized the O Line guys we went after last year aren't good enough and made it a point to correct that, at least on paper. I'm still willing to wait on the QB for next year bc he seems super competent and has a plan for how the team needs to look. 

That’s what confused me from an outside perspective. Signing and guaranteeing 14.5M to two of the worst OL in the NFL and not really filling a hole at any OL position with a quality option. You want versatile? Matt Feiler played for the Steelers and played very good at RT one season and very good at LG the next. I railed against letting him walk, but the Steelers ran their cap like the Saints with Ben and AB so they didn’t have room. He gets 3/21M with 14.5M guaranteed. Played very well for a much improved Charger OL. Kevin Zeitler was another. Now you have those same two OL and the Panthers are doing everything to get them of the field. Erving might as well be on a milk carton. When is the last time anyone even brought his name up. This year, Corbett fills a hole for multiple years. Bozeman fills a hole with a quality option. Still can’t figure out the one year but I imagine it will be explained. Erving and Elflein would cost 9M in dead cap to cut, if they didn’t restructure Elfin. So y’all should feel better about whatever has changed. 

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

That’s what confused me from an outside perspective. Signing and guaranteeing 14.5M to two of the worst OL in the NFL and not really filling a hole at any OL position with a quality option. You want versatile? Matt Feiler played for the Steelers and played very good at RT one season and very good at LG the next. I railed against letting him walk, but the Steelers ran their cap like the Saints with Ben and AB so they didn’t have room. He gets 3/21M with 14.5M guaranteed. Played very well for a much improved Charger OL. Kevin Zeitler was another. Now you have those same two OL and the Panthers are doing everything to get them of the field. Erving might as well be on a milk carton. When is the last time anyone even brought his name up. This year, Corbett fills a hole for multiple years. Bozeman fills a hole with a quality option. Still can’t figure out the one year but I imagine it will be explained. Erving and Elflein would cost 9M in dead cap to cut, if they didn’t restructure Elfin. So y’all should feel better about whatever has changed. 

Yeah last year there were clearly better options in free agency, the guy who signed with the Ravens and the guy who signed with LA. When they signed Irvin and Pat E I was thinking they were there to be veteran backups for a young roster, not starters. Just blew my mind bc the defensive free agents actually all made sense. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Yeah last year there were clearly better options in free agency, the guy who signed with the Ravens and the guy who signed with LA. When they signed Irvin and Pat E I was thinking they were there to be veteran backups for a young roster, not starters. Just blew my mind bc the defensive free agents actually all made sense. 

Yeah Snow had some clue of the kind of players that he could work with.  fuging Joe Brady and Rhule telling Fitt who to target for offense was dead on arrival. I think this year Fitt was like I'm not risking my career on this BS again lol

51 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah Snow had some clue of the kind of players that he could work with.  fuging Joe Brady and Rhule telling Fitt who to target for offense was dead on arrival. I think this year Fitt was like I'm not risking my career on this BS again lol

I have to believe Rhule had something to do with the best FA signing…Reddick. Bouye was solid. Perryman was just…forget it. Jones played like a $4M DT-average. Fox was meh. Nothing special but Reddick but at least most lived up to modest price tags. 

Another big issue was they let John Miller go. Smart. A 27 y/o with multiple years of starting and coming off a not awful 2020, couldn’t get an offer from an NFL team. So he has to re-sign for vet minimum with CAR. Still not a bad idea. No risk, no guarantees, but you just got a report card of what every team thinks of him. So right away he’s back in the lineup at RG day one. And stayed there when he healthy enough to play. How can you not find anyone better? Even if Brown wasn’t ready. Miller should have been the 9-10th OL and inactive or last man in. And that’s only because he had experience. 2 of the worst OL in the NFL, A Center who leaked like he had wheels on his feet, and a RG who no team thought was worth an offer over vet minimum in a league desperate for OL. Poor Moton. 

Edited by Toomers
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Here is what I think about today:

1. Signed an all pro punter

2. Signed a DT (3, 5 tech) who can pressure the passer

3. Extended a star WR

4.  Signed an elite Center to play beside the elite G we signed earlier in the week

To me, that is the best day for a Panther GM I have seen since the franchise opened.  If you were to equate this free agency to the draft, the Panthers have signed a situational Running back, a starting Safety, a 2-down LB, a starting RG, a starting C, a rotational DT, an established punter, and extended a #1 WR. 

That is very strong. 

“No OnE wAnTs To SiGn HeRe!!!!”

Edited by MasterAwesome
  • Pie 1