• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett > Malik Willis (at least for us)

janderson20vt

34 minutes ago, Monty83 said:

I honestly don’t see the point in drafting a QB who isn’t exactly what we want. If you’re just going to draft Pickett because he’s more ready, does he have more potential than a FA QB? Then, skip him. I’m not really big on Willis either. If we find an LT, I say we trade the pick for a later one and add another 1st round in 2023.

But we don't know what the Panthers want. None of us do. I want Pickett. I think we should take our shot now when we should have the chance because I feel he could be our guy but what the Panthers think is anyone's guess right now. 

45 minutes ago, janderson20vt said:

He's the most pro ready QB in this draft by a long shot. Check out his draft profile and scouting reports. Him with a new found potentially above average oline, a  good receiving group, and a respectable defense on the other side of the ball? Sign me up.

Malik Willis has an awesome arm but is much more of a developmental product. Pickett improved greatly from '20 to '21 and did it against much better competition than Willis. Do you trust us to develop him? Lol

This is exactly how the Browns ended up with Baker Mayfield and now a rapist, over Josh Allen.

Edit: and Jets with Darnold.

Edited by thunderraiden
  • Pie 1

49 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Do wut now?

He isn’t wrong. Some coaches like Reid do because it’s their specialty, but Bill in NE had nothing to do with Mac Jones’s development. OCs and QB coaches get the most 1 on 1 time with the QB. Herbert’s development was more Pep Hamilton than his head coach. Most head coaches aren’t the ones developing players, especially QBs. 

1 hour ago, janderson20vt said:

Do you trust us to develop him? Lol

Macado yes he’s on charge of the offense I’m trust him based on his experiences coaching the way he rated the Mahomes class along with Jallen. He’s going for development of Willis I’d think and the main thing we need is a solid Oline with Armstead we’d say we have that.

1 hour ago, janderson20vt said:

He's the most pro ready QB in this draft by a long shot. Check out his draft profile and scouting reports. Him with a new found potentially above average oline, a  good receiving group, and a respectable defense on the other side of the ball? Sign me up.

Malik Willis has an awesome arm but is much more of a developmental product. Pickett improved greatly from '20 to '21 and did it against much better competition than Willis. Do you trust us to develop him? Lol

I don't need to check out his draft profile. I watched him play a lot of games. He was just a guy who's the same age as most second or third year NFL players playing on a pretty good veteran college team. He was literally a man vs. boys. He'll look like he did earlier on his college career when he's playing against fellow men.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

I didn’t ask your opinion. But if someone in a NFL front office thinks you draft a project in the top 10 they need to be fired immediately.

Doc I don’t know about that Josh was a similar project and now they have a top elite tier qb for let’s say 7-10 years and they traded up from 12 to 7 to do so giving up more then we would. Looking back honestly you’d have to say it was easily worth it. You have to be able to develop them into what you expect a top tier performer but once you do bingo set at the most important position on the team.

None of you have a clue how this years qb class will turn out.  Could be as bad as you think, or there could be a couple of hall of famers in it.   Or something in between.  Last year's qb class was supposed to be a great one, and so far only Jones and Mills have looked decent to good.  That could change of course, but so far, they have been meh.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

Doc I don’t know about that Josh was a similar project and now they have a top elite tier qb for let’s say 7-10 years and they traded up from 12 to 7 to do so giving up more then we would. Looking back honestly you’d have to say it was easily worth it. You have to be able to develop them into what you expect a top tier performer but once you do bingo set at the most important position on the team.

Allen wasn’t a project. He went  7 and started 10+ games the year he was drafted.

people are talking about sitting Willis for a year to develop. You don’t draft projects in the top 10.

• Beer 1