• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett > Malik Willis (at least for us)

janderson20vt

The age difference between these 2 is basically 1 year.  Malik will be 23 in May…Pickett 24 in June.  Not huge.  If the Panthers decide Pickett is ready and choose him they will be getting a guy that will be ready sooner.  I like Maliks upside much more but will support Pickett if he is the guy.  Can’t argue he did have a great season at Pitt last year

Really cooled on the others.  Especially at 6.  Like Howell but he has been pretty average in predraft activities 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

I honestly don’t see the point in drafting a QB who isn’t exactly what we want. If you’re just going to draft Pickett because he’s more ready, does he have more potential than a FA QB? Then, skip him. I’m not really big on Willis either. If we find an LT, I say we trade the pick for a later one and add another 1st round in 2023.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, janderson20vt said:

He's the most pro ready QB in this draft by a long shot. Check out his draft profile and scouting reports. Him with a new found potentially above average oline, a  good receiving group, and a respectable defense on the other side of the ball? Sign me up.

Malik Willis has an awesome arm but is much more of a developmental product. Pickett improved greatly from '20 to '21 and did it against much better competition than Willis. Do you trust us to develop him? Lol

Upside-wise its Willis by a wide margin. Either is worth the 6th overall by a wide margin too. But if you want a true top 12 NFL style QB, its Willis and its risky in the mid-second where the first QBs start being drafted. (by skills talents) 

Just now, Basbear said:

Upside-wise its Willis by a wide margin. Either is worth the 6th overall by a wide margin too. But if you want a true top 12 NFL style QB, its Willis and its risky in the mid-second where the first QBs start being drafted. (by skills talents) 

Rhule is in save his own hide mode... Willis isn't as day 1 save his job ready that's all

Saying Pickett could be McCorkle Jones or a poor man's Andy Dalton makes me wretch.

Get that remaining Elite LT in the draft at 6 or trade down. Malik appears to be more raw than Trey Lance so that makes me apprehensive about him. Pickett is at his ceiling now and that's with double bagging those doll hands! 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, RJK said:

Pickett is at his ceiling. Willis has so much more upside 

How do you know that? He improved dramatically in one season. Maybe he has room for growth?

I don't like the idea of us trying to turn a one read passer in Willis into an NFL QB. He's so raw.

Edited by janderson20vt
  • Pie 1

since QBs are hit or miss anyway, might as well miss on a guy that has a chance to become a weapon as opposed to a guy who could end up being "good" like a kirk cousins

you need an elite QB to win superbowls

Don't draft one that doesn't even have that possibility as his ceiling. 

Edited by The Huddler
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1

if you play it "safe" trying to draft a franchise QB that is such a waste

keep swinging for the fences until you land an elite one. 

or else just waste a bunch of time with a QB thats "aight" where you cant justify getting rid of him hut youl just be "aight" for a decade and never make it big

plus this franchise needs excitement. I went to a game this year and the energy in the stadium was absolutely pathetic 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, janderson20vt said:

How do you know that? He improved dramatically in one season. Maybe he has room for growth?

I don't like the idea of us trying to turn a one read passer in Willis into an NFL QB. He's so raw.

See the comment below your post. Pickett is has maxed out his potential and it took him 4 years to do it. He’ll prob be a career backup