• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett > Malik Willis (at least for us)

janderson20vt

Owners and Coaches fan boy crush because of hometown love. One good season out of five. That won't cut it in the NFL. If we can avoid that self inflicted wound like drafting Zach Wils762648717_Screenshot_20220320-2332462.thumb.png.62bf057c2a3266aaea80363be64ebe07.pngon

instead of Fields (58%comp on 270att) or Cheesy Mac Jones

1519486020_Screenshot_20220320-2332142.thumb.png.266ee3228e57324b42e961ee879b7679.png

If we can avoid the trap laid by the establishment for dummy teams like the Jets who are always at the top of the draft picking the wrong QBs, totally following the hype. If we can find the guy in this draft who can play QB the best consistently not necessarily the best scrambler, your dime dropping Drew Brees efficient level guy we've got our next franchise QB.

Does picking Mac Jones say, #6 last year seem stupid now?

Look at Mac Jones' completion percentage his first year, a career average of 67%!

By the numbers and performance Mac was the best QB in that draft. Proof is in the pudding.

This year's Mac Jones?

His name is 6'4" laser guided bazooka arm 70%completion for two years consecutively, academic and football wiz kid Carson Strong.

The best most complete player of the quarter back position in this draft.

The Panthers will whiff on this Penn Fhules Gold, laughed out of the mint.

Edited by rippadonn

On 3/20/2022 at 5:48 PM, mrcompletely11 said:

McCalls highlight throws look eerily similar to mahomes.   His throws from different arm angles is impressive 

He doesn't have Mahomes arm strength but the accuracy and ball placement is next level. 

As an App State fan, I don't love Coastal but I love McCall. 

On 3/20/2022 at 5:15 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

I’ve watched every single game he’s played, most of them live.

Louisiana and Ole Miss are just flat out better than Liberty… the ULM game was an outlier but definitely a bad loss.

Okay? Just being "better" doesn't mean much when you're talking about taking a guy in the Top 10. Willis CRUMBLED in those games. I don't even know that he is a one read quarterback because I rarely see him make reads. He drops back and just looks for open guys rather than throwing with timing and pace.

Some team will reach for him based on his Pro Day and I hope to God it's not the Panthers. The pressure he faced against Louisiana and Ole Miss are what he will get weekly in the NFL and he was absolutely atrocious in those games. 

Line up McCall and Willis and tell me who you would rather have. Look at their statistics against similar competition.

More specifically you could look at McCall's numbers against App State last year. App had a top quarter defense and it's comparable to Louisiana in terms of difficulty.

McCall finished 15/23 for 291 yards and a touchdown with no turnovers  with a QBR of 81 while playing on a high ankle sprain and bum shoulder. 

Malik Willis against Louisiana finished 14/34 for 196 yards and 2 touchdowns with two interceptions and a QBR of 19.8. 

That's a snippet but he was God awful and if some other team wants to reach and get him, let them.