• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC trade?

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Buy High, sell low.  That is what we'd be doing.

Yeah and that was sort of always the direction it was headed once we inked that deal. You don't take a position with such low value in the NFL and expect to be able to gain much in draft value.

Honestly, when was the last RB to get traded for a first round draft pick?

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

His value is already minimal in a trade scenario and the cap hit isn't worth any draft capital we gained(likely a 2nd rounder, at best). 

I don't think the Panthers could get a 2nd for him considering the time missed the last few years and that contract. Even a 3rd might be pushing what teams would be willing to give for CMC.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

I don't think the Panthers could get a 2nd for him considering the time missed the last few years and that contract. Even a 3rd might be pushing what teams would be willing to give for CMC.

I don't disagree. I think a 2nd would have to be a team looking specifically for what he brings and with plenty of cap space. That may not even exist at the moment. 

• Beer 1

They may go ahead and move him to the slot for like 75% of the time at least it seems that way. We signed foreman still have hubbard and have not added any significant additions to our WR room. He is definitely an asset and still our best offensive player when healthy I'd like to see him stay with the team.

• Beer 1

Just give him the ball until he breaks. You don’t pay him what you’re now having to pay him to reduce his touches / carries. And yes play him in the slot. He should never come off the field. He makes the defense account for him 60% of the time, every time aka always. run, catching , slot , decoy, whatever - He should be on the field period with the cash he’s now getting. 

I’d put my odds at 60/40 that CMC ends up with the Bills or Chiefs next year for their 1st round pick. Is he an injury risk? Sure. But he’s also immediately the best player on the field if he’s healthy and I think both of those franchises know that. 

I just don't see him having a ton of potential for a trade of even close to fair compensation if we are being compensated for his true ability when he is actually healthy due to his big contract and his injury history the past two seasons. When healthy the guy is phenomenal but unfortunately he hasn't proved he can stay healthy the past couple seasons so I don't think there is a team out there who would throw a first at us for him and doubtful even a second. Great player when healthy but past two years I think his value and stock has greatly dropped to where most even on the huddle would agree that they believe he will probably have some sort of injury issue this season as well. He started out with very limited injuries but it's hit him hard past two season and I think it worries us and teams that this is now the new norm each season unfortunately. He has been way over used at the start of his career and also way over used in college if memory serves correct. History shows us that breaks RB's down pretty fast and I hope this isn't the case with CMC but I can't help but worry that this is.