• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett Pro Day today

BurnNChinn

12 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

We are flying our colors in Pittsburgh today...fully represented

Matt Rhule, Ben McAdoo, Sean Ryan, Scott Fitterer and Dan Morgan have all been confirmed.

I'm surprised David Tepper isn't there.

Edit: Steelers reporter Mark Karboly said one of our scouts is there too (I'd guess Northeast region scout Eli Montague)

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, travisura said:

So we're either truly, madly, deeply in love with Pickett, or this is one hell of a smokescreen trying to convince someone to trade up to our spot.

If this is the case, bravo front office. Do what you can to send those smoke signals so we can trade back with Seattle or Washington. 

2 minutes ago, travisura said:

So we're either truly, madly, deeply in love with Pickett, or this is one hell of a smokescreen trying to convince someone to trade up to our spot.

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

What number yall think Pickett will wear? 9 or 3?

1. Lol joke

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

I think Pickett seems like a guy who's gonna stick no matter what, if not a solid starter than high end backup but better than Teddy Bridgewater, and Willis has the talent teams are looking for these days (fantastic arm and movement skills) but is a bigger risk than Trey Lance. I'd rather pass on that for the guys next year but I am emotionally ready to rationalize whomever is the pick this year. 

I'd still rather be choosing between Charles Cross, Kayvon Thibodaux, and trading down, though. 

I’m a big believer in drafting qbs, oline and dline high. Build your trenches, get your qb, no matter the order the picks come up. But I think people need to realize we might not get a high draft pick next year. We might not get a chance to draft a special qb high next year. That’s why I’m good with taking a shot. I know rhule sucks. But our younger players are getting older, we’ve made very solid moves outside the qb position this off-season. Willis is SPECIAL but he’s so raw that I get why people are scared to pull the trigger at 6. You aren’t doing anything in this league consistently without a superstar at qb. Consistent playoff runs are the floor here. Gotta take the shots when they come.

• Pie 6

4 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

That's brutal for Kenny P.

No other HC wants to see him throw? Damn.

In fairness.....the entire AFC West/AFC North (minus Pittsburgh) is good at the moment.

AFC East: Bills are set. Jets/Patriots just spent first rounders on QBs and Miami is idiotically sticking w/Tua & signed Bridgewater.

AFC South: Colts don't have a first rounder, Texans seem smitten w/Mills, Jaguars just drafted Trevor Lawrence & Shad Khan kept Baalke in charge to make sure he ruins him and I don't think the Titans would do it at this point.

NFC wise: SEA, DET (sticking w/Goff 1 more year?), MIN (Cousins 1 more year), NO, ATL, need QBS.

It's possible some of these teams met w/him at the Combine or he'll visit them. 

If the FO wants Pickett - I'm 100% positive they'd rather do so at 15-20 as opposed to 6. Getting a LT before the draft would really open up possibilities for Fitterer come draft night in terms of flexibility.