• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article on Urban Meyer in The Athletic

Mr. Scot

9 minutes ago, Basbear said:

People are buying this trash?!?!!? Feels like a total fairy tale, but people hate him and want it to be real. weirdos.

Multiple sources saying the same thing tends to have that effect.

And truthfully, the people that really hate him are the ones that have had to work with, or for him.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

And truthfully, the people that really hate him are the ones that have had to work with, or for him.

My normie cousin even knows Aaron Darnold. Him treating players like he did in college, i can buy that. Feels like its a 90% made up and 10% real. Hes fully in the bulls eye of many. 

I heard something that wasnt in this hit piece, he went around and called many of hand-picked staff "losers" and went on a rant about all his glory days in college and " Im not a loser, YOU ARE THE LOSER ".  

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It’s not just a Jacksonville thing… he enabled Zach Smith at Ohio State and enabled his drug using players at Florida by putting them in walking boots so they didn’t have to test.

He’s a shitty person.

Was a student assistant my senior year under Urban at Ohio State in undergrad and also took his coaching class. There’s a zero percent chance he didn’t know who Aaron Donald was.

Much more believable is how hard (borderline insane) he was on his players and staff. Urban was always terrible to work for but the payoff in college was that you’d likely get a HC job. He believed 100% that people performed their best when they were uncomfortable and constantly grated on people to motivate them. That this didn’t work with grown men professionals doesn’t surprise me. He wasn’t dealing with a bunch of 18-21 year old amateurs anymore. 

While I was simply a glorified secretary and coffee fetcher, I avoided Urban like the plague as much as I could. Fortunately, I was attached to the offensive room with Tom Herman (and Zach Smith), and we didn’t get as much heat as the defensive room did with how historically bad the defense was that year, so it wasn’t as difficult. 

• Beer 1

There’s nothing political about it. They are both lying shithead narcissists, these are facts easily proven for both. Don’t worry, it’s a free country and you can vote for a narcissistic shithead liar if you like. And even put a big flag with his name on it in the back of your truck, narcissists love that. But think of how you’ll react if someone had a MEYER flag in their truck, and you’d get an idea of how a rational person looks at stuff like that.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 2