• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article on Urban Meyer in The Athletic

Mr. Scot

On 3/21/2022 at 4:05 PM, CRA said:

well, Trevor is a boy from the south.  Urban was at least implying there was something else there. 

then again, if you don't know who Aaron Darnold is.....maybe Urban didn't realize Trevor playing at Clemson and was born in GA. 

I think Urban just chooses to belittle everyone in a powertrip move and is a just a shitty human.   

no he wasnt...people call males boy all the time and theres is nothing nefarious to it at all

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

On 3/21/2022 at 4:41 PM, d-dave said:

How does he keep getting jobs?

3x National Champion

3x Big-10 Champion

2x SEC Champion

2x Woody Hayes Trophy

Sports Illustrated Coach of the Decade

Sporting News Coach of the Decade

9x various Coach of Year awards

187-32 college record (.854)

12-3 college bowl record

(hopefully that clears it up 🤦‍♂️)

NC State oughta hire his ass tomorrow 🤣

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1

On 3/21/2022 at 4:41 PM, d-dave said:

What a sick, sad man Urban is.  Feel for his family.  It's just so crazy to read what the players and coaches said.  How can you work with or for someone like that?  How does he keep getting jobs?

Ugh.  Hopefully that's the end.  But I know it's not.

It's why Saban failed in the NFL too - the dictatorial stance they can take in College doesn't work with millionaires. 

• Pie 1

On 3/21/2022 at 1:20 PM, Mr. Scot said:

I kinda think the terms he uses to address people aren't necessarily as big a problem as the fact that he treats everybody under him like absolute trash.

John Brown is from Homestead in Miami. Urban was referring to “boys from Miami.” It was for sure a racist slight against Brown.

I bet that team is legit this year and TL thrives. 

6 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

3x National Champion

3x Big-10 Champion

2x SEC Champion

2x Woody Hayes Trophy

Sports Illustrated Coach of the Decade

Sporting News Coach of the Decade

9x various Coach of Year awards

187-32 college record (.854)

12-3 college bowl record

(hopefully that clears it up 🤦‍♂️)

NC State oughta hire his ass tomorrow 🤣

State’s about to win the ACC with Doeren. 😬

8 hours ago, tgrfan01 said:

no he wasnt...people call males boy all the time and theres is nothing nefarious to it at all

OK, then I want you to go up to Aaron Donald and call him "boy."  That is a nefarious term.  Even if it isn't somehow perceived as being racial within a particular context, it is degrading to call a grown man a boy.  You see, empathy is the ability to see how something might impact someone other than yourself.  If you can't see it, that is called bias. If you refuse to see it, that is called racism.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

Urban Meyer has lived in a very exclusive college coaching bubble for a very long time. He really didn't watch the pro game at all, I believe, leading to his lack of knowledge of big name players and how the teams operated. It's understandable, considering the pressure put on college coaches at the top of their field.

That being said, it became evident that his personality completely filled up that bubble and he was the sun, moon and stars of his own world. When removed from that little fiefdom, his nature of being a total butt hole was out there for all to see. Just as many had predicted.

Good bye to the guy, may he find something to do elsewhere. And thankfully, he didn't end up in Charlotte. Now, about the guy who did...

55 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

State’s about to win the ACC with Doeren. 😬

I hope you're right but will believe it when I see it.

Outside of bass fishing I don't think State has win an ACC Championship in ANY sport for over 20-years...

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Pie 1

9 hours ago, tgrfan01 said:

I mean, it's not just about the the fact he inserted the word boy into the insult.   That's part of it but only part of it. But if you feel the need to defend Urban Meyer have at it lol.