• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield Trade Rumors: Saints, Panthers Tabbed as Suitors for Browns QB

Chad_Cota

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

The Cleveland Browns

Ian Rapoport retweeted it with the quote "Officially official."

You may be thinking of the Falcons. They were going to need to move Matt Ryan's contract before they could acquire Watson.

I see now. Point still stands, the Browns have to pay a team to take Baker. He has too much money guaranteed.

2 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

I want.  He's on a prove-it deal, and at his peak had a better season than Darnold could ever dream of.  And if it doesn't work out, almost nothing lost.

There are two downsides as I see it.  Baker may already post 2017 Cam with the constant injuries and if healthy all year, he'll save Rhule's @ss. 

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I told you guys the Panthers would be in play for Mayfield. The problem is the Browns want a 1st for him. No go for me. 

Panthers should go after Minshew.

No way they get a first. There trade options are VERY small at this point. I bet it'll be a 3rd max

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He is going to Seattle.  They are in the best position to accommodate him.

That would suck for Mayfield.  Seattle is going to be in total rebuild and probably have a terrible year and be on the market in 2023 without much to show for a starting gig.

I'm torn between yes and no. He had all the talent in the world around him in Cleveland and just could keep it going after 2020.  His injuries don't help him much either.

With us he'd be in the same boat as Darnold.  Show or go. 

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I told you guys the Panthers would be in play for Mayfield. The problem is the Browns want a 1st for him. No go for me. 

Panthers should go after Minshew.

I think Minshew is a better option and a much lower cost.   I think Philly is reluctant to let him go though. Hurst could regress or get hurt and they are back to ground zero. 

15 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

I want.  He's on a prove-it deal, and at his peak had a better season than Darnold could ever dream of.  And if it doesn't work out, almost nothing lost.

It is a little bit intriguing if the pick is low/set for next year as a conditional pick or something based on performance.

7 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

No way they get a first. There trade options are VERY small at this point. I bet it'll be a 3rd max

I agree.  We could get a stud  at 6…plug-in baker behind that line and with our weapons…if he balls out we can sign him or tag and trade him and if he sucks/attitude problem/injured…he goes out the door and takes Rhule with him.

Not saying I’d do it…depends on their evaluation of Pickett. Whichever one Rhule wants to do pick the opposite 😆

Edited by poorboysrev
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

That would suck for Mayfield.  Seattle is going to be in total rebuild and probably have a terrible year and be on the market in 2023 without much to show for a starting gig.

I'm torn between yes and no. He had all the talent in the world around him in Cleveland and just could keep it going after 2020.  His injuries don't help him much either.

With us he'd be in the same boat as Darnold.  Show or go. 

If we got him, he'd be on a 1-year contract ($18.8m) and we could let him go if he sucked.  We would then be drafting a QB in the 2023 draft.  If we draft Pickett and he sucks, we are on the hook for 4 years.  So there is an upside to Mayfield.  He has played well when not injured and he is effective when he has time.  I am not sure about his maturity and leadership---but he comes off like a prick to me, and that is problematic if you are a QB.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think Minshew is a better option and a much lower cost.   I think Philly is reluctant to let him go though. Hurst could regress or get hurt and they are back to ground zero. 

You mean Hurts--and the other side of that coin:  How good is he if he cant beat out Hurts?

• Pie 1