• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per sources, the #Panthers have had conversations with Cam Newton regarding a return

TheSpecialJuan

Matt Rhule is trying to say Cam wants to play for a winner AND have a chance to play, and I don't think we're offering the ideal situation for either of those criteria.

Cam knows Rhule is an idiot college coach, and as far as playing, we have probably only guaranteed him the ability to start early until whoever we draft is ready...  and if I'm Cam, after Rhule sat me to end the season in favor of Sam, I'm not coming back.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

48 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Those are a little contradictory.

If a team is in championship contention, then it's highly likely their quarterback position is settled.

If their quarterback position is set, then "a fair chance to play" may not be in the cards (except as a gadget player).

52 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If a team is in championship contention, then it's highly likely their quarterback position is settled.

If their quarterback position is set, then "a fair chance to play" may not be in the cards (except as a gadget player).

If not as a support / gadget player, the other option would be to wait it out and if there's an injury in Training Camp / during the season of a contender, then that's where he'd like to fit, if they'll take him.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

He’s just throwing shade at the Panthers. He’s describing what he thought he was signing up for last year.

Edited by MechaZain
  • Pie 1

Just now, MechaZain said:

He’s just throwing shade at the Panthers without naming then. He’s describing what he thought he was signing up for last year.

That's possible.

I've seen enough dancing around by both sides to conclude that another Panthers-Newton reunion seems unlikely.