• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers hold prelim talks with Mayfield reps

Jmac

Baker doesn't have enough control over his passes. Too many of them are scattershot for him to be considered a good QB. I'd actually rather have another season to see if Darnold can improve than lost a 1st round pick for Barker who I 100% predict will be bad.

If we give up our 1st in 2023 then I can't watch this team anymore until Rhule is fired.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Would be nice to see the actual article, but I'm guessing the Browns are calling other teams, not the other way around considering one team wanted a pick to take Mayfield's cap hit on. Same way we'd have to send a pick with Darnold to get rid of him. 

Yeah, and we wanted Kurt Cousins too…lol

Yea at this point If you the title ‘qb’ next to your name and don’t have a solidified starting spot on a team next year, the media will say that the panthers have ‘had discussions’. 

that’s what happens when you try everything under the sun to acquire a new qb and do a horrible job at it. Fail safe article for media members these days. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I would but then I would have to do all 4 years and it ain’t pretty 

Just for fun here's 3 QBRs the last 3 seasons.

A)

2018 - 61.8

2019 - 70.5

2020 - 63.7

B)

2018 - 51.2

2019 - 54.2

2020 - 65.5

C)

2018 -45.9

2019 - 45.6

2020 -32.9

Player A is Deshaun Watson, Player B is Baker Mayfield, Player C is Sam Darnold. 

Let me be clear, I am only driving this train based on the presumed low cost associated with a trade. If the Browns are wanting anything more than a future 4th/this years 5th I'm out.

Talent is there to take a flyer in a down year for the NFC and as sad as it is... Baker would be our best QB since 2017.

Edited by SteveSmithTD89
  • Pie 3