• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

5 minutes ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

I went to app state and I agree here. 

People seem to forget how soundly Edwards and App State dominated lower tier competition. Shows you how QB crazy the league and fandoms have become that we're entertaining the possibility of drafting an extremely raw athlete at the top of the first round. 

I mean most of you guys are older. And I get that. It's hard to see that the league you love so much is evolving. The fact is MOST of the top qbs in the league right now are mobile qbs. The age of the pure pocket passer is over. 

With the evolution of these pass rusher today it is out of necessity. Screenshot_20220322-110630_Chrome.thumb.jpg.830839571a2a4ffdd94fb0fa5415099a.jpg

• Flames 1

Just now, Lets go get it Canes said:

Russell scrambles to make the right throw. He doesn’t run just to run. Major difference. 

Hahaha ok. Russ isn’t a running QB?? The year they won he had 539 rushing yards. The following year 849 and 6 TDs. He has over 4600 rushing yards his career which is incredible for a QB that is scrambling to make throws. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It depends on whether you're a quarterback who can run and pass or you're a quarterback who can run and maybe kinda sorta pass.

Guys with all world running ability but poor to mediocre passing ability don't win in the NFL.

Where would you place cam. Because most people would say then and now he couldn't pass.

33 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

It's literally the dame argument I had on the huddlein 2011 before we drafted cam. Same arguments. He can't throw if he could he wouldn't be running. Well if Payton manning could run like cam or Jackson I'm sure he would run more as well. Even with Willis... all I see is he smart has a higher wonderlic score and he's accurate.

Yet and still people question his ability to throw because he runs some other old school good Ole boy mindset. 

Predominant runners will never win long term.

That's why I love Russ and Patrick. 

They run as a last resort but kill you with their arm. Same way Staubach did.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Hahaha ok. Russ isn’t a running QB?? The year they won he had 539 rushing yards. The following year 849 and 6 TDs. He has over 4600 rushing yards his career which is incredible for a QB that is scrambling to make throws. 

Ha ok…. Russ still ain’t a rushing qb.  But if he is one, there has been 52 Super Bowls and if you take him out, there is still 51. Like I said, running QBs won’t when you super bowl. 

Edited by Lets go get it Canes
  • The D 1
  • Poo 1