• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

7 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Ok this I agree 100% on. I just think a qbs success and winning a championship isn't 100% on them as many people think. People like to say newton not winning a super bowl is because he wasn't good enough as a passer when other factors like Byron bell and the other horrible tackle came into play.

Winning a championship is a team effort. Not having elite wrs who can help a qb matters. Having a cmc like back matters. Having say von miller on the other side matters. Elite shut down CBS. Its not all on the qb to win a game.

I agree, but you also have a hell of an easier time winning a championship if you have a top QB.

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Yes.  6th (6000 pts) >  20th (850 pts)+  24th(740 pts)   

We could trade the 6th down with the Eagles for two first round picks and get a 1st rnd QB and a 1st round tackle.

Sorry a 6th is 1600 points.  Point still stands:   6th (1600 pts) >  20th (850 pts)+  24th(740 pts)   

Can you not edit your posts here?

17 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I'd prefer we sign Cam, draft a LT at #6 and target one of the QBs next year. But if we're going QB, I'd prefer Willis to Pickett simply due to the upside.

If you're going QB in the top-10, you need to bet on traits and upside in this day and age. 

Enjoy another 3-5 years of average qb play and not playoffs or super bowl then. 

• The D 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Rhule and Drummond accounted for, not sure about anyone else.

Nothing against Drummond but I'm not sure why he'd be at a pro day other than to just watch. He doesn't have a scouting background.

Okay, one thing against him. He was part of the group that decided to hire Matt Rhule 😖

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Mr Scot already mentioned Steve Young if you are bringing up ALL the Super Bowls.  Roger the Dodger Staubach,  John Elway was on the top 10 list for a while (still is I think), hell even Joe Montana ran for 20 TDs. In 2014 (during peak Seahawk years) 20% of Russ's total yards were rushing yards, but he isn't a rushing QB?  You make no sense.  If you call all rushing QBs scramblers except Lamar and Vick then yes, none have won a Super Bowl and by none you mean Lamar and Vick...

Hahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha. You are high as balls if you think Young Elway and Montana are running QBs. Oh my god our fan base is terrible.   Ok ok ok. Haha. How about this. QBs know to run the ball. One read and go. Zone read guys. QBs known to run all the time. 

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

😂 I’m not a fan of Rodgers but damn if you look at his playoff record you have to feel for the guy. Then again maybe he should be a better team player and not get upset that he isn’t the highest paid player. If he was more like Brady allowing the team to spend more, he could potentially be the goat. He’s 12-10 in the playoffs but in his 10 losses, he’s mostly played well, but his D has given up 51, 45, 44 and 37 twice. Half the losses Rodgers had to put up 38 to win against other playoff teams who likely had decent Ds. 4 games the D gave up 23-31. Only 1 game did his D do enough to win and keep the opponents to 13.

Again, this is one of those, he made his bed so I don’t feel bad at all. You cash strap your team, oh well.

You're spot on!

He deserves it. He made all this fuss over the last two years about weapons and building a contender just to cash strap them and lose his best weapon as a result.

He's a total diva and I don't feel bad for him whatsoever. The reality is he was just mad they drafted his potential replacement. 

One thing I'll say about Willis... from what I've seen/heard/read it seems like the coaching he received at Liberty was terrible. From the scheme itself to the lack of focus on fundamentals to the way they relied so much on his raw athleticism to carry them.

You get the sense that had he been on a team like Oklahoma or Alabama he'd be a much more complete player and a lot of these questions everyone has would be answered by now.

I actually trust Ben McAdoo to make the call if we go QB. I'm just not sure Rhule will be able to resist not ignoring his advice and making the decision himself.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Umm Carson wentz, Josh Allen,  he'll Warren moon, Jerry Rice, all those guys come from lesser programs. Talent and traits don't change.

True, I am not saying that he won't be productive or even a franchise QB.  You just have more homework to do to make him your future QB. 

I didn't watch the whole clip but some of those throws were perfectly placed and a few on the run. Hoever, the point @The Huddler makes about missing 1st reads can't be underestimated.   If he's a one read and run QB we might as well sign Kaepernick.  

• Pie 1

42 minutes ago, trueblade said:

Hurney wasn't a good GM, but the man was MONEY in the first round. He was the only GM to go Oregon to see Herbert. If he's onto Malik, that gets my attention.

40 minutes ago, SgtJoo said:

If the Commanders and Steelers are heavily present, especially WFT, that tells me they both know Pickett won't be there at 11 or 20.