• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

19 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

Compare to:

• Joe Burrow: 34
  • Tom Brady: 33
  • Kirk Cousins: 33
  • Russell Wilson: 28
  • Dak Prescott: 25
  • Ben Roethlisberger: 25
  • Patrick Mahomes: 24
  • Peyton Manning: 28
  • Brett Favre: 22

Scouts have been literally gushing over how smart dude is put some respect on his name.

Yeah I’ve been reading teams have been gushing over his X’s and O’s whiteboard stuff. He’s obviously highly intelligent.

the point in all this is he’s raw. He needs to be coached up and he needs practice in pro style systems. It’s gonna take time but I think he can lean on his athleticism and special traits while he grows in the pocket. That said he could bust. He doesn’t have the experience so we don’t know. But I’d take a shot on him if it was my choice. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Panthering said:

I still have no idea what to think of Malik Willis at all, never saw him play, seen clips of his throws and he's got a hell of an arm certainly NFL level. I want him to succeed, if he is deemed as raw I hope he goes somewhere like PIT with more established culture and staff as opposed to here.

If Malik were coming into a situation like Darnold did last year then I'd agree with you. But, I think this year would be a little more favorable to Willis (or any QB that we'd draft).

The O-line is already poised to better by the new FA acquisitions. The O-line Sam, Cam, and PJ played behind last year was an embarrassment. We have hired one of the better O-line coaches in the league to make them even better. McAdoo has been hired as OC,. He has experience as a HC and OC. He understands NFL offenses better than Joe Brady. 

I think Carolina is lot more desirable destination for any QB (by trade, draft, or FA) then it was just 1 month ago.

• Pie 3

I think if this kid proves he can take the next step mentally processing offenses/defenses then its really adds intrigue to #6. Take Pickett who is more within the lines or take the bigger risk for the bigger ceiling. By all accounts he has been proving just that at the combine. His visits are going to mean a lot, I'd imagine they are going to test him hard. Isn't he also close to Cam? That could be big just from a "learning to learn in the NFL" type of perspective.

10 minutes ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

Lamar won’t ever win a super bowl and he is below average as a passer. And his body is starting to break down. Wonder why that it is….oh it’s because he is a running qb in the nfl. 

This is a very bad take. Get hurt once and your body is starting to break down. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I think Boomers just can’t handle QBs that can run. It’s non traditional and that irks them…. 

It's literally the dame argument I had on the huddlein 2011 before we drafted cam. Same arguments. He can't throw if he could he wouldn't be running. Well if Payton manning could run like cam or Jackson I'm sure he would run more as well. Even with Willis... all I see is he smart has a higher wonderlic score and he's accurate.

Yet and still people question his ability to throw because he runs some other old school good Ole boy mindset. 

13 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

If Malik were coming into a situation like Darnold did last year then I'd agree with you. But, I think this year would be a little more favorable to Willis (or any QB that we'd draft).

The O-line is already poised to better by the new FA acquisitions. The O-line Sam, Cam, and PJ played behind last year was an embarrassment. We have hired one of the better O-line coaches in the league to make them even better. McAdoo has been hired as OC,. He has experience as a HC and OC. He understands NFL offenses better than Joe Brady. 

I think Carolina is lot more desirable destination for any QB (by trade, draft, or FA) then it was just 1 month ago.

You may be right but I just don't trust this franchise right now haha

23 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Willis comes in at a full 1.5 inches smaller than Lamar Jackson but he’s about 15 lbs. heavier.

Those legs are massive for a QB.  Dear lord 

my feeling is if they draft this kid, Cam will be brought back to start and then give way.  They know each other 

he has a lot of physical attributes.  He has a lot of intangibles 

why did he leave Auburn ? 

mcAdo supposedly knows QBs.  I don’t want Rhule anywhere near this decision 

Edited by raleigh-panther