• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not really...

Running quarterbacks have been around way longer than people think. Fran Tarkenton is the earliest one I can remember watching, but there was also Roger Staubach, John Elway and others.

Having watched those guys, I always get a chuckle when people act like mobile quarterbacks are some new trend.

They always throw out the “can’t win it all with one recently.” Well yeah Tom Brady has like half the championships and Russ won one as a runner, but for sone reason he doesn’t count? 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

Willis isnt running the 40 because as good of a rusher he is, he isn't straight line fast

and a meh 40 time would really cool his draft hype. 

Yeah Willis has elite quick twitch not straight line speed. I never got the Vick comp. He’s more RW to me. Has elite escapability and elite arm talent. Saw this dude at liberty flick a 60 yard bomb in stride to the reciever off his back foot. 

the problem with him is you’d see nfl level elite plays mixed in with horrific throws. You could even say his college play was similar to Josh Allen in terms of passing. They’re not the same build obviously.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

They hype is his cannon arm. He's fairly accurate as far as option based qbs go. And he is being compared to a right handed micheal vick by Mel kiper... I think the tools to work with are exceptional. If he was 6'3 we wouldn't even be discussing who qb1 is.

Not so sure of that. The universal read on Willis is that he's not NFL ready and won't be for at least a year or so.

It's not that he isn't smart. It's just that he hasn't developed the tools he'll need just yet.

And I wouldn't want to be compared to Mike Vick. Vick was certainly fun to watch, but he wasn't a good enough passer to win when it counted. Guys like Vick produce a lot of highlight reels, but not championships.

Newton was definitely a better passer. He was Brett Favre level as far as accuracy. Favre won a championship. Newton came close.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Call Me James said:

You might not like his game, but he's consistently lifted that Ravens team and has been more impactful on his team's success than any of those other guys since he's been in the league.

Who won a superb owl for the ravens?? It wasn’t one read and go Lamar…it was a pocket passer named Joe Flacco. It’s about Super Bowls. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Those legs are massive for a QB.  Dear lord 

my feeling is if they draft this kid, Cam will be brought back to start and then give way.  They know each other 

he has a lot of physical attributes.  He has a lot of intangibles 

why did he leave Auburn ? 

mcAdo supposedly knows QBs.  I don’t want Rhule anywhere near this decision 

https://thespun.com/sec/auburn-tigers/malik-willis-reveals-why-he-had-to-transfer-from-auburn/amp

He states he had maturity issues, wouldn’t watch tape etc… Sounds like he has grown up a lot since then.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

Who won a superb owl for the ravens?? It wasn’t one read and go Lamar…it was a pocket passer named Joe Flacco. It’s about Super Bowls. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

Is this the part where we say Eli Manning is a better QB than Rodgers because Super Bowls? Face Palm GIF

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

don't get me wrong, hes got great instinct for rushing and breaks tackles

he reminds me of javonte williams but a QB

Chris Simms breakdown on him sounds about right to me

Simms liked Zach Wilson the best last year and was high on Mond FWIW.