• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

13 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Willis might as well get a pro day thread as well… he’ll be live at 1:00PM.

The talent level he played against worries me some but I also saw some throws that he made that he would have to make in the NFL.

It will be interesting to hear what Fitterer has to say about Willis after the Pro Day.

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Anyone willing to trade up past us for a QB in this years draft gets what they deserve.

I like Willis but I’m not trading up for him or any other QB in this draft… if the Lions decide to go QB then more power to them.

I agree.

1 minute ago, The Huddler said:

I wanted Willis

but after looking into him...  does he actaully have a QB brain?   missing 1st reads and stuff.  might not process the play in real time. 

Was my primary concern as well. I think QB School did a break down on it last year.

That said he apparently absolutely crushed the interview portion of the combine though and left a great impression with a lot of coaches. Came across as very coachable. 

The raw physical talent, strong character and that report would let me easily pull for the kid and get behind him if he is the pick at 6. 

Looking forward to watching this one and seeing how much of a presence we have here today. 

• Pie 3

19 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The talent level he played against worries me some but I also saw some throws that he made that he would have to make in the NFL.

It will be interesting to hear what Fitterer has to say about Willis after the Pro Day.

Umm Carson wentz, Josh Allen,  he'll Warren moon, Jerry Rice, all those guys come from lesser programs. Talent and traits don't change.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

11 minutes ago, The Huddler said:

I wanted Willis

but after looking into him...  does he actaully have a QB brain?   missing 1st reads and stuff.  might not process the play in real time. 

Well his completion percentage is higher than Pickett. And a lot of the stuff you are saying about Willis they said about cam. But Willis seems to be fairly accurate.

7 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I don’t see the hype honestly with him or Pickett 

They hype is his cannon arm. He's fairly accurate as far as option based qbs go. And he is being compared to a right handed micheal vick by Mel kiper... I think the tools to work with are exceptional. If he was 6'3 we wouldn't even be discussing who qb1 is.

Edited by micnificent28
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Well his completion percentage is higher than Pickett. And a lot of the stuff you are saying about Willis they said about cam. But Willis seems to be fairly accurate.

True, but Cam did in the SEC, and set records while doing it. Wills is not coming with that much fanfare. I feel whoever gets him needs to coach em up, and Rhule has shown so far he can't do that. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1