• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Malik Willis Pro Day

18 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Steelers love Willis according to lots of draft Twitter I've seen. If they wanna move up ahead of, say, Atlanta, I'd absolutely trade down with them to get more picks to fix this roster. Especially if they're offering maybe their second this year and a first or second next year, which they might need to to move up from 20 to 6. 

If they traded up that far for Willis while giving us picks, I'd be down for drafting Pickett or Corrall at 20 at that point. Other than that I still think the best bet is passing on this class and thinking long term. 

Think of what the 49ers gave up to move from 12 to 3 to pick the 3rd QB of the draft. We can dream bigger, brother. 

15 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

They hype is his cannon arm. He's fairly accurate as far as option based qbs go. And he is being compared to a right handed micheal vick by Mel kiper... I think the tools to work with are exceptional. If he was 6'3 we wouldn't even be discussing who qb1 is.

Mike Vick???

LMAO. That is about as bad has his Jimmy Clausen take. Kiper is a meme at this point 

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Vick looked pretty good on the Eagles. I blame the shitty organization that is the Falcons that caused him to come up short. Honestly he couldn’t stay healthy from what I remembered, but he was fun to watch. 

I remember Vick shredding us and I hated Atlanta cuz of him!

15 hours ago, Mage said:

Lol people think Russell Wilson is more athletic than Malik Willis?  

We won't know because Willis didn't do anything at the combine. If you remember, Wilson's athletic ability was eye opening at the combine. 

I am actually pretty perplexed that Willis didn't run or do any of the testing. I don't really take that as a positive, although I don't doubt he is a good athlete. Perhaps he just isn't a great athlete.

He definitely wasn't running away from a lot of P5 guys.

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

We won't know because Willis didn't do anything at the combine. If you remember, Wilson's athletic ability was eye opening at the combine. 

I am actually pretty perplexed that Willis didn't run or do any of the testing. I don't really take that as a positive, although I don't doubt he is a good athlete. Perhaps he just isn't a great athlete.

He definitely wasn't running away from a lot of P5 guys.

Well. What good does it do him to run the 40 or do any athletic testing? All it does is fuel the he can play multiple positions maybe move to wr nonsense we have seen with other athletic qbs. But, he was signed as athlete to play cb at first. So his speed must be legit. Other top athletic qbs lately have opted not to run including the fastest in the league Lamar jackson. 

I was asking around about his speed to other draft analyst and this was the reply

Screenshot_20220322-200950_Plume.jpg

The biggest takeaways from this pro day was 1. Dude has a rocket launcher and my guys legs are the envy of every weight room 2. He’s obvy a leader and well liked from teammates all the way to towel/water folk. His intangibles can’t be taught and his deficiencies can be coached up. If I was for taking a QB at 6 he’d be the pick. But I’m still going OL/DL depending on who slips 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, RJK said:

The biggest takeaways from this pro day was 1. Dude has a rocket launcher and my guys legs are the envy of every weight room 2. He’s obvy a leader and well liked from teammates all the way to towel/water folk. His intangibles can’t be taught and his deficiencies can be coached up. If I was for taking a QB at 6 he’d be the pick. But I’m still going OL/DL depending on who slips 

This is it in a nutshell.  

• Beer 2