• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Willis isn't that fast crowd

micnificent28

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

Been seeing a lot people who seem to think in terms of speed Pickett or Corral are on equal footing as Willis. Since there has been no official 40 from Willis who's to say who is right? For the last hour I have been asking the talking heads to see where they have him in terms of speed

Screenshot_20220322-200950_Plume.jpg

Why are you so dead set on having a QB running the ball?

That's what RBs are for.

• Pie 3

7 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Why are you so dead set on having a QB running the ball?

That's what RBs are for.

Because that's such a old school mindset. Having more than 1 way to attack a problem or situation is nothing but good. If the defense has more to worry about there is less they can throw at you. That really isn't debatable.

Like I said in the other thread he has elite quick twitch that will transfer to the nfl level escaping defenders in and out of the pocket to make plays. Basically he’s shifty as hell. I have not seen him have elite straight line speed tho. He’s also not small. He’s built like a linebacker. 6” 225 and people were saying his playing weight was at 230. Massive legs. 

Edited by TheRumGone
  • The D 1

This the type of talk that makes me lean towards guys like Pickett. Dont know how things like this become more important for a QB. If you can process information, make smart decisions, read coverages then i want you as my QB. The athleticism is just a plus long as you dont have a weak arm to me. Mental game and strong enough arm to make all the throws is what checks out for me.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Basbear said:

If he could run a 4.3, then why not prove it and get a guaranteed top 3 pick selection. That again is millions in the bank more if hes able. 

He ran a 4.3 at Auburn…..30lbs ago. So nah he’s not running sub 4.4 anymore. He’s prob not running sub 4.6 anymore.

11 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Been seeing a lot people who seem to think in terms of speed Pickett or Corral are on equal footing as Willis. Since there has been no official 40 from Willis who's to say who is right? For the last hour I have been asking the talking heads to see where they have him in terms of speed

Screenshot_20220322-200950_Plume.jpg

I don’t give 2 shits how fast he is. I want a qb to pass the ball accurately. My qb doesn’t need to be running all the time. 

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Strongest arm in the draft. Can effortlessly throw off the run and hit the WR in stride. 

6'3  225lbs  4.4 40

Rocket arm

Great stats vs top of the p5 teams

I just dont get the appeal of drafting willis when we past on Fields last year.  I think you guys are just chasing your tail here.  Add to the fact that he is universally slated to be on the bench for a season at the very least.  I just dont see Rhule going this route

• Pie 1