• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

For the Willis isn't that fast crowd

micnificent28

1 minute ago, Tr3ach said:

If he thought he was going to run anything in the 4.2 or 4.3 range he would have ran at some point.  He got ran down too many times to run anywhere near that.

Except scouts who timed him said he was clocked in game moving at the same speed as kyler who ran a 4.38. Sooo. My answer to why he didn't run a 40 is because what does he gain from running a fast time? What if something goes wrong? More to loose than gain from running. That's like saying why didn't Evan Neal run the 40. Or do bench? Same thing.

3 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Except scouts who timed him said he was clocked in game moving at the same speed as kyler who ran a 4.38. Sooo. My answer to why he didn't run a 40 is because what does he gain from running a fast time? What if something goes wrong? More to loose than gain from running. That's like saying why didn't Evan Neal run the 40. Or do bench? Same thing.

If he runs a high 4.4 or 4.5?  Nothing.  If he ran a 4.2 or 4.3 like people are trying to say?  He would definitely have something to gain.

8 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

If he runs a high 4.4 or 4.5?  Nothing.  If he ran a 4.2 or 4.3 like people are trying to say?  He would definitely have something to gain.

I think people who are advising him would try to mitigate risk. He was asked why he didn't run he said his support staff everyone but his dad told him not 2. In the past most of the fast qbs didn't run the 40. Did Lamar jackson? Nobody said oh he must not be fast.

drool GIF

In all seriousness, I have comped him to Russ and Lamar...  I see traits of both.  Interestingly enough, IIRC, didn't Lamar opt not to run at any point leading up to his draft?

I'm hoping we can shore up the left side to complement BC and then can feel good about taking Willis in the Top 10 and bring Cam back to mentor him along until he's ready.

• Pie 1

32 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Exactly..  these boomers seem to think having legs makes you a horrible passer.. look at the top qbs in the most of these guys have some ability to move and or pick up first downs with their legs. The pure pocket passer is actually a dying breed.

Screenshot_20220322-110630_Chrome.jpg

Pure pocket passers are still winning in the playoffs and still winning super bowls

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Pure pocket passers are still winning in the playoffs and still winning super bowls

How many pure pockets passers are left? Brady? Stafford to a degree? Brady himself has won half of the last few super bowls and stopped a host of others from getting there. I don't see anymore Brady coming out. Most qbs have to have some ability to move in the pocket these days.

• Beer 1