• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Niners offered a first round pick for Darnold last season?

Proudiddy

12 hours ago, rayzor said:

Only if you've got small mind.

So what you're implying is if their grammar is poor, according to your culture, they are untrustworthy.

What I’m saying is if your doctor, lawyer, news source is able to speak or write with eloquence, most would be willing to trust them as a resource than using “ain’t” in a sentence let alone using it incorrectly. But the larger implication I was trying to get across is that just because someone mentions the pitfall in someone’s grammar doesn’t mean they are culturally biased or racist as some of you have implied. Assuming the African American population, or any other ethnicity for that matter, speak a certain way based on their skin color sounds more like the real cultural bias  to me.

Edited by WarHeel
  • Pie 1

11 hours ago, Shocker said:

As strange as it sounds Jimmy G is probably the best option including the draft

Feels like he can be had for a decent return.

I'd wait a bit.  9ers can't keep him.    We just need to find a place for Darnold.  Jimmy is a huge upgrade over Sam by most measures. 

Yes, JimmyG looks pretty bad during the playoffs , which is when most of us watch him (74.1 PR), but he is MUCH better during the regular season (98.9 PR).    For those wanting the playoffs this year, JimmyG is our best shot.  I'm not sure any of these rookies can do it their first year.

Edited by poundaway

10 hours ago, WarHeel said:

What I’m saying is if your doctor, lawyer, news source is able to speak or write with eloquence, most would be willing to trust them as a resource than using “ain’t” in a sentence let alone using it incorrectly. But the larger implication I was trying to get across is that just because someone mentions the pitfall in someone’s grammar doesn’t mean they are culturally biased or racist as some of you have implied. Assuming the African American population, or any other ethnicity for that matter, speak a certain way based on their skin color sounds more like the real cultural bias  to me.

no, it ain't wrong, it's an accepted dialect. conversations about dialect aren't about whether they're grammatically incorrect but about whether they are appropriate in a given social context.

and since it was a fuging casual twitter post and not a supreme court hearing a one-liner in an extremely common english dialect is perfectly appropriate.

it's pretty obvious you're just bigoted against black people who talk that way.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

When the younger generation gets around to writing it's history. It will be mispelled, and have no puncuation.

Woody Paige

*its

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

I don't know why, but even with his struggles, I don't think he's great, but I don't think he's as bad as we are letting on him. That man didn't have a pot to piss in, let alone a door to throw it out of in New York. There was no talent around him....unless you gonna give him Robby Anderson. 

He started off last season great for us. I started to see it when we played the Texans and I knew it was going downhill. The Texans dline started creating pressure and getting to him. I knew the oline was the weakest link and I believe after that Texans game, everyone else thought so too. It wasn't until he got rattled that he began to go back to the Jets Darnold we were use to seeing. It also appeared that he spent a little time playing hurt...and we seen how that worked for Baker Mayfield.

If all we do is pick up Cam, and continue to roll with a new fortified oline, I think we would be leaps and bounds better than the team we fielded last year. 🤷🏿‍♂️

58 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

no, dipshit, it ain't wrong, it's an accepted dialect. conversations about dialect aren't about whether they're grammatically incorrect but about whether they are appropriate in a given social context.

and since it was a fuging casual twitter post and not a supreme court hearing a one-liner in an extremely common english dialect is perfectly appropriate.

it's pretty obvious you're just bigoted against black people who talk that way.

I’m not playing your liberal agenda. Don’t have to prove my lack of bigotry, racism, social bias to anyone,etcv especially not you. Your posting speaks for itself.

Just now, WarHeel said:

I’m not playing your liberal agenda. Don’t have to prove my lack of bigotry, racism, social bias to anyone,etcv especially not you. Your posting speaks for itself.

uhh you literally came in here mocking how a black person talked

2 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

uhh you literally came in here mocking how a black person talked

Fact of the matter is if it was a deep woods, Caucasian hick posting some broken English on their Twitter in regards to something happening with this team you’d jump all over it in the comment section. To which I’d probably chime in and mock them with you because my opinions run much deeper than the superficial standard a lot of you worship and could give AF about a persons skin color.

This is why I speak up when snowflakes like you want to make a situation more than what it is.