• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson not out of woods yet - 2nd grand jury

FugginPoo

This was always a risk and needed to factor into the price of acquisition. The picks they gave up weren't crazy but the fully guaranteed contract they gave him was. I still don't think this will matter, he may be suspended for a relatively small amount of games but most likely scenario is in the long term he'll be able to play and be a franchise QB for them.

• Pie 1

Just now, LondonderryPanther said:

Their "comprehensive evaluation" wasn't as comprehensive as it could have been then

It wasn't comprehensive at all. Not even talking to any of the accusers made pretty clear that they didn't want to know.

Just now, hepcat said:

I thought right after he was traded he would be charged for something else. The ownership of the Texans is in the pockets of the prosecutors in Harris County for sure. Wait until he was traded, charge him with the real stuff.

If the Texans had any influence, I suspect the prosecutors would have presented a stronger case to the grand jury.

That said, I've always had this suspicion that there was something else out there, potentially another shoe that hadn't dropped yet. That's what made me the most nervous about the idea of the Panthers getting him.

I don't know if this is that, but I still have that feeling.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2