Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Watson not out of woods yet - 2nd grand jury


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It wasn't comprehensive at all. Not even talking to any of the accusers made pretty clear that they didn't want to know.

If the Texans had any influence, I suspect the prosecutors would have presented a stronger case to the grand jury.

That said, I've always had this suspicion that there was something else out there, potentially another shoe that hadn't dropped yet. That's what made me the most nervous about the idea of the Panthers getting him.

I don't know if this is that, but I still have that feeling.

If Houston ownership had any influence, it explains why his first criminal charges were thrown out. Then he was able to be traded. And now, new charges are IMMEDIATELY being discussed. Something doesn’t add up. 

The accusers crazy-ass wildcard lawyer Tony Buzbee and the McNair’s live in the same neighborhood. The way this whole situation unfolded is extremely sketchy to me.

I’ve got some friends in Houston who have followed this and they all think the Texans ownership wanted Watson out by any means necessary after these allegations started bubbling up. And the team probably knew about the allegations LONG before it became public knowledge. 

The fact the Texans got what they were asking for Watson despite the situation is still very much ongoing is incredible and Houston made out like bandits. So SO glad the Panthers didn’t trade for him. I just wish it was Atlanta dealing with this crap now. 

  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’ve got some friends in Houston who have followed this and they all think the Texans ownership wanted Watson out by any means necessary after these allegations started bubbling up. And the team probably knew about the allegations LONG before it became public knowledge. 

Watson upset billionaires with his demands to help pick the new HC.

His sexual deviancy would never have seen the light of day otherwise. They absolutely knew about it all along. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

If Houston ownership had any influence, it explains why his first criminal charges were thrown out. Then he was able to be traded. And now, new charges are IMMEDIATELY being discussed. Something doesn’t add up. 

The accusers crazy-ass wildcard lawyer Tony Buzbee and the McNair’s live in the same neighborhood. The way this whole situation unfolded is extremely sketchy to me.

I’ve got some friends in Houston who have followed this and they all think the Texans ownership wanted Watson out by any means necessary after these allegations started bubbling up. And the team probably knew about the allegations LONG before it became public knowledge. 

The fact the Texans got what they were asking for Watson despite the situation is still very much ongoing is incredible and Houston made out like bandits. So SO glad the Panthers didn’t trade for him. I just wish it was Atlanta dealing with this crap now. 

I don't actually think that requires Houston's influence at all.

Prosecuting a rich, famous athlete without some kind of video or other evidence was always going to be an uphill climb.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Panthering said:

I'm still shocked someone gave up so much capital for him when the legal stuff still wasn't really cleared, not to mention if he'll be suspended by the NFL, it's just a clown show. Glad we are out of the woods with this.

Browns gonna Browns, always

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:
Not ideal timing for his introductory presser tmrw. This ones pretty graphically detailed and not a good look at all 

Is he gross? Yes. Is he breaking the law? maybe.  Is this something that would be anything other than a fine and community service/commuted sentence? Probably not.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, countryboi said:

if they didnt have enough to indict the first go round why should he be worried now. Grand Jury's indict 90 plus percent of the time if they dont indict its a problem. 

Several people who work in law have mentioned that prosecutors often present a weak argument to a grand jury if they think it's a case they can't win. If this county's prosecutors are a little more zealous, you might see a different result.

That said, the particulars of the one case they're presenting don't necessarily make me think major ramifications, but I guess we'll see.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Several people who work in law have mentioned that prosecutors often present a weak argument to a grand jury if they think it's a case they can't win. If this county's prosecutors are a little more zealous, you might see a different result.

That said, the particulars of the one case they're presenting don't necessarily make me think major ramifications, but I guess we'll see.

often times with these things lay somewhere in the middle. I bet the case is weak because sexual assault is hard to prove and the prosecutor didn't put his best foot forward. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, countryboi said:

often times with these things lay somewhere in the middle. I bet the case is weak because sexual assault is hard to prove and the prosecutor didn't put his best foot forward. 

The fact that someone else is taking this up at all after the previous grand jury didn't indict makes me think the new prosecutor might be a little more...motivated.

Doesn't mean they'll get an indictment or a conviction of course, but it's something.

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...