• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Neal vs Cross

Mr. Scot

7 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I like Ekwanu and if the cost wasn't ridiculous, I wouldn't mind moving up to 4 to get him ahead of the Giants if he's still available. Cross is the better LT immediately but I think Ekwanu's ceiling is higher. Cross wouldn't be a bad consolidation prize though. Neil is a good tackle, he doesn't look as smooth in his movements as the other 2. 

#6 and Robbie to the Jets for #4, we eat half his salary.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My concern with Neal is that he should be the slam dunk #1 OT. Arguably one of the best OT prospects ever. He checks all the physical boxes. That he's not is a big red flag IMO. 

It's been that way for him since HS. He was a massively heralded recruit at the time.

9 hours ago, MHS831 said:

No offense because I am with you for an OT---but we going QB unless we make a splash in week 3 of free agency

Mayfield and Jimmy G are out there and there trade value is dropping like a rock. We may be able to get one for0 Darnold straight up or a 7th round pick.Panthers are being smart waiting them out. I would prefer Mayfield of the 2.

Remember when the Giants drafted Erik Flowers, the huge LT. He became an average guard. I would take Cross and the blind side pass rush is more important then the run game from a LT (IMO). Maybe Neal was better because of his size in college and not pure talent (like Flowers). 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

That's never a consideration for me when trying to draft a franchise LT in the Top 10.

A plan B is never a bad thing. That's why I think Ekwonu is the "safest" if the OT picks. With his run blocking skills and physicality he should make a very good guard if he doesn't pan out at tackle. OTs used to be considered safe picks but they've been anything but safe for the last 20 years or so with lots of busts. Someone's ability to slide inside shouldn't be a primary consideration but it's gotta be factored in IMO.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

A plan B is never a bad thing. That's why I think Ekwonu is the "safest" if the OT picks. With his run blocking skills and physicality he should make a very good guard if he doesn't pan out at tackle. OTs used to be considered safe picks but they've been anything but safe for the last 20 years or so with lots of busts. Someone's ability to slide inside shouldn't be a primary consideration but it's gotta be factored in IMO.

That is sort of the safety net argument. So, Cross is the most polished pass protector but Ekwonu has a level of nasty to him that eludes to him being successful somewhere on the line. Then you have Neal who seems to be a prospect that you made on Madden.

I think at least 2 will be Pro Bowlers but I wouldn't necessarily place my bets on who.

14 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Cross and Ikem have a killers mentality.  They want to not only hurt you but hurt your grandkids.  They are relentless.  Neal is good but relies on his size.

I would be happy with either of the 3

I think that the most mean and nasty person available would be Penning. I don’t see him going at #6, but if the Panthers wanted to trade back and focus on a downhill running style offense he may be a good fit.

9 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

If I had to venture a guess I would say that it's some concern over health, not that he's been injured, but he's a big guy and big guys that size can be more susceptible to injury. His footwork is good but a little slower than his upper body movement and can cause some balance issues and he doesn't have as much attitude and nastiness as others. He's still a very good tackle no doubt, but that's what stood out to me. I think that's why he's been as low as 6. Just a little bit of concern could cause him to drop from the top spot. 

Yeah, I love Neal the most, but there is this recurring thought in my mind that keeps reflecting back to Jeff Otah. There is nothing there to suggest that they are similar other than stature.