• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Neal vs Cross

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

As in they excelled at LT the primary position they were drafted in or that they were still top to serviceable players at new positions like Guard or RT?

Thats tough because some were drafted as guards and some as RT.  Wirfs etc.  But looking at the guys specifically drafted to be LT I dont see an outright unstartable bust

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

I’d appreciate if someone could compound on this answer.

This is from 2019 but it can give you some insight. I would be just fine with LT but the huddle has bought it hook line and sinker we will not draft a bust simply because we have a need and there are so many which is fantasy it can always happen of course.

https://theriotreport.com/bust-alert-choose-wisely-when-drafting-an-offensive-lineman/

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

Then he can battle Moton for RT. The reason he is all over the place is due to lack of lateral movement. Is that what you want in a LT?

I think we disagree on Neal at LT.  I think he plays there day 1 personally.  I think Cross is further along with pass blocking but not run blocking.  Neal is more complete IMO.  

Really high probability that Neal goes before us anyway.

Edited by Shocker

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

This is from 2019 but it can give you some insight. I would be just fine with LT but the huddle has bought it hook line and sinker we will not draft a bust simply because we have a need and there are so many which is fantasy it can always happen of course.

https://theriotreport.com/bust-alert-choose-wisely-when-drafting-an-offensive-lineman/

Of course it could happen but the odds of a LT busting after being picked in the top 10 (where we are) are infinitely smaller

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

This mock doesn't even have Willis or Pickett in the first round... I would not use this as a reference for anything.

I agree the mock isn't that useful. What is relevant to this discussion is that @ellishas been told that the Panthers like Cross. Now would they take Cross with Neal still on the board? I don't know. 

9 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

The scary thought is the Panthers falling into that scenario but opting for Pickett. *shudders*

Rhule would say something like "We projected Neal as a late first round G and 2nd round Tackle..." or "Cam Erving is a LT. We like the guys we have..."

19 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I have a hard time imagining Ekwonu falling to us. I'd absolutely take him if he did, but that's tough to picture.

If you want a third contestant, that might be Trevor Penning. And yes, there are mocks that have him being taken at six.

I’m with you on this one. Penning is a menace. He’d bring serious attitude and be a tone setter on the OL. He’d have to work on technique and harness the aggression but it would be worth it.

Edited by Prowler2k18