• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold outta here?

Zod

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His nature. People are either calm, cool, and collected in pressure situations or they're not. I firmly believe that isn't a coachable trait. You have it or you don't.

You either approach things with aplomb or you don’t. You can’t teach it, but you can lose it, and if you lose it it’s damn hard to gain it back. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Except Pitt didn't ditch a leather football offense for a brand new modern offense like LSU did.

I don’t even know what that’s supposed to mean. So it’s his fault because they upgraded to a modern offense and he lit it up? LSU did the exact same thing with Burrows record year of you recall. They were never known for a prolific offense and then all of a sudden Joe has the greatest QB season in CFB history. 

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/sam-howell-1.html

I'm going to put this here just for research purposes.. 

Reality check and I hate UNC.. but

3 years 3,000+ passing yards every year

Over 60% completion every year

30+ TD'S  every year

Less then 10 ints every year..

Nobody in this class can say any of that..

Someone is going to get a steal. Probably the Steelers.

Howell had one of the worst college OLs I've seen in recent years this year and only one legit receiving target. It's real obvious when these analysts have only watched games from this season. Of course he was one read and bolt. He had to be.

I don't follow the Tarheels much. I know nothing about Sam Howell. But, your comment is interesting because it provides some context into Howell's on field performance in 2021. Things like this need to be taken into account when evaluating a players (especially QBs). How good is the supporting cast? A guy in Howell's situation might thrive on a team like INDY that has a strong O-line and solid (if not great) weapons on the outside.

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/sam-howell-1.html

I'm going to put this here just for research purposes.. 

Reality check and I hate UNC.. but

3 years 3,000+ passing yards every year

Over 60% completion every year

30+ TD'S  every year

Less then 10 ints every year..

Nobody in this class can say any of that..

He had 24 TDs last year…

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Yeah he just never played at all…

Exactly, he hadn’t established himself as mediocre, nobody knew what he could do. Picket had three straight seasons of close to identical results. And sure, anyone can improve, one would however expect a more gradual improvement.

• Beer 1

Someone is going to get a steal. Probably the Steelers.

I'm just saying if we're judging QB like we did back in the days...

College Productions 

College film 

Physical skills 

Prove his ability thru adversity.. (no real pass targets and lost both his rbs) so Sam Howell runs for 800 yards and 11tds..

Nobody matches Sam's Resume in this draft..

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Kakalaki said:

If Joe Burrow was a NYJ from 2018 to 2020 then in Carolina for 2021 - Burrow would be seen as trash too

Did you see his O-line this past year? His offensive roster was pretty much the same as Carolina talent wise. If you're also adding in coaching then maybe that's true record-wise. I don't think people would be identifying him as the problem though

• Pie 1