• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Running QBs don’t win Superb Owls

1 hour ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

Ummmm no. Cam had Smitty and Olsen.  Vick had Roddy White and Crumpler. With the eagles he had D Jackson in his prime. Wilson had Metcalf. FatNabb had TO. 

let’s stop making excuses. 

How many years did they have the aforementioned weapons? White wasn’t a great WR  when Vick was around. Jackson played with McNabb for a whopping two seasons.

Edited by Car123

4 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I'll explain it again to you.

A QB that can win every game from the pocket including in the playoffs but has the ability to beat you with his legs. Allen. Russ, Young, Mahomes etc. Is a mobile QB.

A QB that needs running plays either planned or on his own to beat you because he can't win solely from the pocket is a Running QB. Mike Vick.

That's all up to the OC.  Josh Allen ran the ball over 7 times a game last year (a career high which lead to a career best season) through the 17 games.  They want the defense to respect his rushing ability to open up the deep pass.  Hell they zone reads for him to run with the ball.  They are using his athletic ability to help his passing game.  Once again your logic is flawed.  This is EXACTLY what teams are wanting to use Willis for (he is how all this poo got started a couple days ago).  Regardless the "Running QB" is here to stay and QBs that are strictly pocket passers aren't as desirable.  Go check out Carson Strong vs Malik Willis.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Car123 said:

How many years did they have the aforementioned weapons? White wasn’t a great WR  when Vick was around.

He is just a dumb troll.  Russ didn't have Metcalf when he won and Cam had Smith for like a year.  He has no clue what he is even talking about.  The Falcons used Vick as a runner too much because it was easy for the OC and they didn't have a solid OL or playmakers around him.  Look how much better he was in the pocket at PHI with Andy Reid. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

OP has an account just created this month. At this point it’s clear he is strictly a troll account. 

So you’re saying only people that have been around for a while have the right to post? That’s a very bully thing to say. I came here for my love of the hurricanes l. Wanted to have fun people to talk about things with but it seems like it’s hard when all you have are bullies

Edited by Lets go get it Canes
  • Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Lets go get it Canes said:

So you’re saying only people that have been around for a while have the right to post? That’s a very bully thing to say. I came here for my love of the hurricanes l. Wanted to have fun people to talk about things with but it seems like it’s hard when all you have are bullies

I’m saying you are a new account that is already trolling making up stats. If it acts like a Chuck and posts like a Chuck….

True running QBs are a fairly new phenomenon. Teams didn't want their QB to run the ball because they believed they were likely to get hurt. I may be wrong, but don't remember Vick running an RPO for the Falcons. Most of his runs were broken plays (and there were a LOT of those).

Cam was a unicorn. He was durable and big enough to run the ball and take some hits. He enjoyed the contact. Not many QBs are built like him and want to run against some of the biggest and best athletes in the world.

Next year may be Josh Allen's year, considering what has happened to KC. If Buffalo wins the SB, what will the argument be then?

It's just not a good argument to make. Yes, inaccurate QBs have trouble winning Super Bowls whether they are athletic or not. 

And water is wet.

Yeah, I'm not buying this logic. Most(not all) current "running" or "dual-threat" QB's in this league aren't surrounded by enough talent to win a bowl. We went to the Superbowl in 2015 while going 15-1. Noone, and I mean noone saw us being that successful that year. Washed up Micheal Oher and Mike Remmers were our tackles 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Ted Ginn Jr. Was not a #1 receiver....but he was for us..🤣🤣🤣🤣. Jericho Cotchery 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Ed Dickson at TE...need I say more? 🤣🤣

Lets look at Lamar Jackson. Outside of TE Mark Andrews, he didn't have a lot to work with. Hollywood Brown is fast, but he's not your go-to guy yet....3-4 HBs went on IR and yet they still had a chance.

I believe "running" QBs haven't won a lot of Superbowls because they allow teams to be successful despite lack of talent....but they can't reach ultimate success without that talent around them 🤷🏿‍♂️

• Flames 1