• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They must have a QB plan...

Jmac

37 minutes ago, CPantherKing said:

Just use my QB model. Only 15 starting caliber QBs have passed through it since the Panthers came in to the NFL. Only 4 of them were 1st round picks. 13 of 15 have been to the playoffs. 12 have won in the playoffs. And one never got a chance to play. Several have been to the SB. That's why I'm excited to see how this draft works out. It's been 5 years since it has approved a QB as a starter, and 10 years since it has offered up multiple QBs. I doubt the Panthers draft any of them lol. Panthers have had 1 of the 15 on their roster for a few years. Also, 11 of them were available to the Panthers without any trade.

I'm sure the Panthers will fall in love with another QB that bottoms out in a year. Just let a blindfolded monkey throw a dart at a wall of balloons. The QB name that pops out, go after them. Seems like it will have a better success rate than the current Rhule/Fitt/Tepper QB method.

Another season of hope is what I'm expecting. Maybe this year it won't be so short.

Well call me intrigued what’s your model and who were the 15 blue chippers 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Just use my QB model. Only 15 starting caliber QBs have passed through it since the Panthers came in to the NFL. Only 4 of them were 1st round picks. 13 of 15 have been to the playoffs. 12 have won in the playoffs. And one never got a chance to play. Several have been to the SB. That's why I'm excited to see how this draft works out. It's been 5 years since it has approved a QB as a starter, and 10 years since it has offered up multiple QBs. I doubt the Panthers draft any of them lol. Panthers have had 1 of the 15 on their roster for a few years. Also, 11 of them were available to the Panthers without any trade.

I'm sure the Panthers will fall in love with another QB that bottoms out in a year. Just let a blindfolded monkey throw a dart at a wall of balloons. The QB name that pops out, go after them. Seems like it will have a better success rate than the current Rhule/Fitt/Tepper QB method.

Another season of hope is what I'm expecting. Maybe this year it won't be so short.

I can’t think of a single other poster whose “QB model” I’m less interested in seeing

Edited by Growl

15 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

This guy is a dumbass. He sucked at football and now sucks at talking about football.

He has been a Sam Darnold homer since the draft. He just doesn't want to be proven wrong. Sorry buddy we're not keeping the worst starting QB in the NFL around just to serve your ego.

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, frankw said:

He has been a Sam Darnold homer since the draft. He just doesn't want to be proven wrong. Sorry buddy we're not keeping the worst starting QB in the NFL around just to serve your ego.

I can't believe there are still people who believe that Sam Darnold isn't a bad QB. That all he needs is a healthy O-line and he will become a good QB. I just don't understand it. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I can't believe there are still people who believe that Sam Darnold isn't a bad QB. That all he needs is a healthy O-line and he will become a good QB. I just don't understand it. 

I used to laugh it off but now it is just annoying how low the standards have become. We've gone from a winning or mediocre season every other year to just a dumpster fire and some people are like yes please give me more of that. I don't care if we aren't competing for a super bowl or playoffs right away just give me a QB that isn't a cringy interception machine please.

• Flames 1

I think the Panthers have a QB plan but It will be difficult to correct all of the past decisions in one offseason. 
Since Rhule has been the HC, the Panthers have made a mess at QB. Hopefully getting a real NFL offensive coordinator will instill some better decisions. McAdoo was a terrible HC but a solid O- coordinator and worked with some really good QB’s. 

Edited by thennek

On 3/25/2022 at 6:48 AM, Jmac said:

....That we are not aware of. I'm sure the F.O has something up their sleeves to get a quality QB. They wouldn't go into the season with just Darnold and Walker. They spent good $$$ to build up the Oline and get a bruising RB to complement CMC. Not going to waste all those one and two year deals on a failed project.

It may actually be a completely different outcome then has been discussed on here. April will be one interesting month.

I’m not sure they do have a plan.

it might be read the tea leaves and react vs do x, y, z   One thing is certain, no one wants Darnold 

it might be like the progress Rhulevsays they are making ‘we just can’t see it’

the best hope is that Morgan, Fitterer and McAdo have the say, not Rhule, not Tepper 

im not  trying to be Debbie downer, I just do not have any faith in this brain trust 

As "finished,broke down and over" Cam is, he is much more entertaining to watch play football than Sam and 100% of the rookies in this draft. This defense, these players want to win. People for their own shts and giggles want what they want but what's best for this team right now, their moral, their will to win/play for something is no other than ACE BOOGIE.

Im Back Cam Newton GIF by Carolina Panthers

Now get out of your feelings and old narratives and let's take the damn NFCS. Crush them with Cam and weapons now AND a real OC and this defense. And Rhule not getting in the way.

It's ripe for the taking.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

As "finished,broke down and over" Cam is, he is much more entertaining to watch play football than Sam and 100% of the rookies in this draft. This defense, these players want to win. People for their own shts and giggles want what they want but what's best for this team right now, their moral, their will to win/play for something is no other than ACE BOOGIE.

Im Back Cam Newton GIF by Carolina Panthers

Now get out of your feelings and old narratives and let's take the damn NFCS. Crush them with Cam and weapons now AND a real OC and this defense. And Rhule not getting in the way.

It's ripe for the taking.

I love Cam but that shoulder is shot and as the year goes on, it gets worse and worse 

Everyone knows this. Nfl defenses know this and crowd the line  they do not fear that arm so only half the offense can be run.

cmc helps that situation…you know…when he is in there 

if they draft Willis and want Newton to start and then giveaway, that’s possible but the issue is still there 

I love him but I’d rather he not be used and abused again to put butts in the seats that Tepper’s incompetence took away 

Edited by raleigh-panther
  • Beer 2