• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They must have a QB plan...

Jmac

....That we are not aware of. I'm sure the F.O has something up their sleeves to get a quality QB. They wouldn't go into the season with just Darnold and Walker. They spent good $$$ to build up the Oline and get a bruising RB to complement CMC. Not going to waste all those one and two year deals on a failed project.

It may actually be a completely different outcome then has been discussed on here. April will be one interesting month.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 2

Just now, SgtJoo said:

heh

I'm thinking restructuring CMC plus the urgency to dump off Darnold this offseason means we're going after an established star, MVP-potential QB...  I could only think of Carr off the top of my head, but this would be on par, of not better than that.  I'm certain it's gonna be Murray or Carr.  We're not moving that money for other positions bc we could fill those holes with the money we already had...  it's gotta be a big name QB we're still going after.

• Pie 2

Yeah, something  definitely  doesn't  feel normal at all about the moves. Something  definitely  is going on and Scott is running things way more differently. Add to the fact we got a gambling owner... wouldn't shock me they been calling for Lamar  or Kyler as soon as we got out of running for Watson. 

It’s safe to say general consensus is we don’t like Darnold, but wasn’t he considered our “rookie” quarterback with potential when they traded for him?

Wasnt it obvious he was a developmental guy?

Sure the choice to bring him in looks bad when he doesn’t play well, but doesn’t it also look bad that you give up on developing him after one season where he was “hurt” for part of it with a terrible line in front of him?

Just don’t get the logic all around with Darnold. They traded for a project and are acting like he is an 8 year vet that was supposed to fix everything immediately. 

Weird. 

• Pie 3

9 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm thinking restructuring CMC plus the urgency to dump off Darnold this offseason means we're going after an established star, MVP-potential QB...  I could only think of Carr off the top of my head, but this would be on par, of not better than that.  I'm certain it's gonna be Murray or Carr.  We're not moving that money for other positions bc we could fill those holes with the money we already had...  it's gotta be a big name QB we're still going after.

The Raiders' moves this offseason certainly look like a team going all-in to compete in a brutal AFC West. Those don't seem like the moves of team looking to trade Carr.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'd like Carr but not for a bunch of picks at his age. However, they've already lost their backup QB (Mariota) and traded for Carr's college roommate (Adam's). One Caveat, Josh McDaniels apparently really liked Baker Mayfield coming out of college.

12 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Who actually wants this Diva? He has an Aaron Rodgers personality with 25% of the talent. 

I do not think a guy who cant pass from the pocket is worth giving up major draft capital for and then signing to a huge contract. 

Murray can't pass from the pocket? WTF are you talking about?

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Both of those guys are not worth it. Murray is undersized and not that great of a passer. Carr is just ok, hes not anything special.

I would much rather take a chance in the draft than go after either of those dudes. 

• Pie 1