• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just say "NO" to Mayfield in Carolina.

Kick

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Baker just seems too high maintenance. If he was really good and productive, then I could probably deal with it. 

He's just not worth the effort or cost of a trade. I REALLY don't want us to get him. I don't want us to trade for him or use him as a reason to not chase after another QB in the next couple years.

I rather grab him cheap than go after any of these qbs in draft. We suck good get qb next year

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Baker just seems too high maintenance. If he was really good and productive, then I could probably deal with it. 

He's just not worth the effort or cost of a trade. I REALLY don't want us to get him. I don't want us to trade for him or use him as a reason to not chase after another QB in the next couple years.

I'm not sure about high maintenance since most QB's are high maintenance nowadays. See Aaron Rodgers, and even Tom Brady retiring just a month for reference. 

If Cleveland were willing to take a 5th rounder for him, I would do it. But that's it. And they're better off keeping him anyway with Watson possibly being suspended. 

5 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

I'm not sure about high maintenance since most QB's are high maintenance nowadays. See Aaron Rodgers, and even Tom Brady retiring just a month for reference. 

If Cleveland were willing to take a 5th rounder for him, I would do it. But that's it. And they're better off keeping him anyway with Watson possibly being suspended. 

Baker will not be a brown this year, that’s out the door

Edited by BurnNChinn
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

I don't have a huge problem with high maintenance if they produce. The higher the maintenance, the more they need to be able to produce for it to be worth the effort. Rodgers and Brady are worth it, imo. Baker just isn't.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I don't have a huge problem with high maintenance if they produce. The higher the maintenance, the more they need to be able to produce for it to be worth the effort. Rodgers and Brady are worth it, imo. Baker just isn't.

Agreed. Baker has to have a ton around him to be successful. 

40 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I rather grab him cheap than go after any of these qbs in draft. We suck good get qb next year

Not if it costs us in a trade. I'm serious, I don't want us to trade for anyone. I want us to get a LT more than anything, but Baker isn't better than Corral, Pickett, or Willis.

I don't want us to draft a QB, but I'd rather have any of those three than baker. I just don't want anything to do with him. I'd rather be stuck with Darnold because at least we've already paid for him. His damage doesn't go beyond this year. Trading for baker would just put us in another hole of suck.

33 minutes ago, vorbis said:

there's a price point where Mayfield makes some sense, and that price point will realistically only be available at the draft. so I'm assuming that's when something goes down.

If it involves a trade, the price is too high for baker.

• Beer 3

Baker Mayfield's situation in 2021 was superior in every respect to what the Panthers could possibly provide in 2022.

Like all other QB's under Matt Rhule, Baker Mayfield will underperform in an historic fashion.

Tepper needs to stop this madness already.

Hit the reset button on head coach.

Until the Dave does that, changing QBs every season will be about as useful as giving a bike to a fish. 

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, AggieLean said:

The two who hate Cam threads are in a thread with Cam mentioned lol.

I wouldn’t mind Baker, but I’d rather start fresh. I honestly don’t even want Cam back. Don’t Baker have character concerns? Well, his old team says he’s childish and I know how a lot of folks on here hated “divas” lol

Anyone comparing Baker and Cam is foolish.

Cam was a great teammate and at times a superstar. Baker can't even hold Jake Delhomme's jock at the moment. 

• Pie 1