• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Everyone I've talked to, thinks and believes the Panthers will trade back"

TheSpecialJuan

12 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

I would be completely fine with that plan if we had a QB. If Darnold had worked out and we’re still trying to fill LT the yeah…sit tight, take the best tackle and keep moving. 

But we have a legit hole at QB and doing nothing to try and solve that glaring hole with a player like Howell, Corral, Ridder is BS. I firmly believe that Howell or Corral would be the best QB on the roster come training camp and both seem to be trending mid-late first round or maybe second round. You have to do something to try and get another pick in that range while still solving your OL problem. 

Just to add to this…the other thing I want to throw out there is that there are a heck of a lot of people talking about Malik Willis and Josh Allen as similar players. 

Sam Howell is going to surprise with his arm strength. I’m a big NCSU fan but Howell has a big arm and I’m here to say that nobody in college football has reminded me as much of Russell Wilson as 2020 Sam Howell. 3500 yards, 68% comp, mobile, and throws the best deep ball in the class. If I’m Fitterer I am not sleeping on him. He may remind a lot of people of Baker. But if his mental approach is elite he is much more RW than Baker to me. 

• Pie 2

37 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I realize that you have insider information and are probably not at liberty to say, because anyone who calls others "bud" must have sources.  A Pittsburgh mock has them trading up to #5.  While they obviously lack your knowledge, you must understand that there are those less intelligent than you who might think otherwise.  Let them have a moment.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/24/steelers-2022-nfl-mock-draft-malik-willis-giants/

https://stillcurtain.com/2022/03/26/steelers-malik-willis-trade/

FUN FACT:  Did you notice in my first sentence I worked in "at liberty"?  They are going to move up for Willis.  That was a clever hint only you would detect.

Fun fact. That’s not a Steelers site mock. It’s from Doug Farrah who has a Safety going #1 overall if you want to know the extent of his knowledge. Everybody became a draft “expert” in the past 5 years. And I’m sure Tomlin, and most smart HCs/GMs run and tell everyone they can which prospects they “love” in the weeks leading up to the draft. Much like the 49ers traded 3 1st for Mac Jones last year. 

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I could see us not trading back as well. Anything outside of a QB or LT is gonna be depth on this team. That's the honest truth, crazy as it sounds we don't have a lot of holes like that. Atleast not this year.

Interesting point.   QB might be depth for a while.  I want to go LT, but we are not willing to lose for a year with Darnold.  All indications (Watson interest, pro day turnout, not signing a free agent QB) suggest that we are drafting a QB.  I honestly do not know which, however.  I could see Willis, Pickett, or Corral.  I think if Neal is there, you have to take him, make a trade for Jimmy G or Baker or another vet, and go to war.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

It would be a long reach, and they have Trubiski--so I dunno.  I hear Tomlin LOVES Willis--maybe they were hoping he'd drop to them--but that is highly unlikely.  If the really want him--they gotta call the Giants (if he passes the Lions and Texans )

A high upside like him is usually the targeted one for trade ups so I’m beginning to think it happens. Other notable trade ups in history RGIII, Lance, Lamar, it could def happen.

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I realize that you have insider information and are probably not at liberty to say, because anyone who calls others "bud" must have sources.  A Pittsburgh mock has them trading up to #5.  While they obviously lack your knowledge, you must understand that there are those less intelligent than you who might think otherwise.  Let them have a moment.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/24/steelers-2022-nfl-mock-draft-malik-willis-giants/

https://stillcurtain.com/2022/03/26/steelers-malik-willis-trade/

FUN FACT:  Did you notice in my first sentence I worked in "at liberty"?  They are going to move up for Willis.  That was a clever hint only you would detect.

I hear the things you say and 'the things you don't say'.  Five by five.

Edited by bythenbrs

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I think the Steelers love Willis--and if Willis is available, we can get #20 and #52 and the 2023 first rounder.  That is huge because the Steelers are likely to finish at the bottom in 2022--especially with a raw, developing QB.  THAT would give the Panthers 2 early first round picks next year if they don't find a QB this year.  I think it is a long-term play, but it is the play to make if Pittsburgh decides to get ahead of Atlanta (8) and Seattle (9).

Jeremy Renner Endgame GIF

14 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I think the Steelers love Willis--and if Willis is available, we can get #20 and #52 and the 2023 first rounder.  That is huge because the Steelers are likely to finish at the bottom in 2022--especially with a raw, developing QB.  THAT would give the Panthers 2 early first round picks next year if they don't find a QB this year.  I think it is a long-term play, but it is the play to make if Pittsburgh decides to get ahead of Atlanta (8) and Seattle (9).

You forget they have Mitch who is pretty decent 

• Pie 1