• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have first round grades on 3 QBs.

Zod

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If I had a gun to my head and was being forced to pick one of the three top quarterbacks listed, I'd probably choose Matt Corral.

I don't have a gun to my head.

Not trying to argue, just actually curious.  What flaws do you see in Corral's game that would scare you from drafting him in round 1?  The main two I see are his offense was a college offense and his frame...

When is this team going to learn? How many friggin times does it take? Stop doing the same dumb ish over and over and over and over. 

Draft a LT. That position (Offensive Tackles) has F'd this team for over a decade now. Remember the last time this team was relevant on a consistent basis? Offensive line was a strength. QB was a wildcard. 

12 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

When is this team going to learn? How many friggin times does it take? Stop doing the same dumb ish over and over and over and over. 

Draft a LT. That position (Offensive Tackles) has F'd this team for over a decade now. Remember the last time this team was relevant on a consistent basis? Offensive line was a strength. QB was a wildcard. 

If Neal or Icky are there at 6, I think we do.  They appear to be learning a little in signing two solid OL plus hiring a good OL coach.  Even right now with BC, Brown/Elf, Moton plus our two two guys our OL should be much better.  I mean it can't get much worse... 

Since nobody asked me  by popular demand, I will go ahead and tell what I think as I ponder with my brain the first round:

1.  Jags:  Evan Neal OT Alabama

2.  Detroit  Hutchinson  DE Michigan. 

3. Houston  DE Trayvon Walker UGA

4. Jets-- Hamilton S Notre Dame.

5.  Giants--TRADE w SEATTLE (for #9)--The Giants want to take NC State's OT Ekwonu, but they figured that the next two picks might be QB, so they trade back a bit.  Seattle takes QB Willis Liberty

6.  Panthers --TRADE w EAGLES (#6 pick, fourth round pick to Eagles for pick #16, 19)    CB Sauce Gardner  Cincinnati

7.  Giants-- T Ekwonu  NC State

8.  Falcons-- WR Wilson  Ohio State

9.  Giants-- (from Seattle):  Thibodeaux DE Oregon

10.  Jets-- Jermaine Johnson DE/Edge Florida St

11.  Commanders-- Derek Stingley Jr.  CB LSU

12.  Vikings -- Jordan Davis, DT UGa

13. Texans--Trent McDuffie, CB Washington

14. Ravens-- Devonte Wyatt DT UGa

15.  Eagles-- Drake London, WR, USC

16.  Panthers-- (from Eagles) Charles Cross, OT Miss St

17.  Chargers-- Devin Lloyd, LB  Utah

18. Saints-- Kenny Pickett, QB Pitt

19. Panthers-- (from Eagles) Matt Corral, QB Ole Miss

20.  Pittsburgh-- George Karlaftis Edge Purdue

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Since nobody asked me  by popular demand, I will go ahead and tell what I think as I ponder with my brain the first round:

5.  Giants--TRADE w SEATTLE (for #9)--The Giants want to take NC State's OT Ekwonu, but they figured that the next two picks might be QB, so they trade back a bit.  Seattle takes QB Willis Liberty

6.  Panthers --TRADE w EAGLES (#6 pick, fourth round pick to Eagles for pick #16, 19)    CB Sauce Gardner  Cincinnati

Yes please

7 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

In that case, it's pretty much impossible to argue that one move is superior to the other.

Depends on price. I can argue that getting Jimmy G or Baker is superior....because it's over after one season. 

Imagine had we not picked up Darnold's 5th year option? Cost aside, at least we are talking about it in the past tense.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I mean as much as I love sauce and I don't love him.. that would be the worst pick we could make. What is the point in bringing back Jackson? Giving him a fat contract, getting horn back, having C.J Henderson, pride and whoever else is a hold over? You can only play so many CBs and by adding another player who isn't guaranteed to start you take away a potential starter at QB or LT.

This would be a I'm fired move for Rhule for sure. Nothing to to with sauce as a player because I think he's a faster Sherman. I'm a suckered for big CBs. But this helps carolina how? It doesn't improve our biggest weaknesses and automatically puts us in the hole by not filling needs in the draft. CB isn't a need.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

7.  Giants-- T   Ekwonu NC State

Fyi People are joining the walker #1 hype, hes nuclear hot right now. My hardest read is Hamilton, best overall player on a many boards, but plays S. I go back and forth daily about him going top 3 then wake up clear mind with him closer to 10. I like your panther trade and i 100% think philly and carolina have already talked about that same trade. Its one of those win-win-wins and makes too much sense. My issue is I see finesser trading BACK again using one of the picks. Dang Im a davis simp, i can not be trusted.

Another deal I see but super unlikely is this- IF ifififififi panthers want to stay right were they are. But giants have only 2 players in mind and dead set on them. I can see where the giants toss the panthers a 3rd or 4th or ____ in order to pick 6th. just a thought, they could even tell the panthers- "look we want Thibodeaux and we going Ekwonu if hes there at 5. send 4th and 6th in order to pull it off. Of course dont say the players names until draft time on giants side. Panthers could want NOTHING with Thib and Neal could still be there. .4818%.....

• Pie 1