• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper Still Won’t Talk

BurnNChinn

2 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

Yeah...None of that makes any sense. You basically just chose to ignore what didn't fit your narrative.

Get back to me when AT&T and T-Mobile are competing over 20 weeks in televised weekly contests that are watched by millions and have definitive results.

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

John puts it well...

David Tepper has accomplished nothing deserving of respect or the benefit of a doubt.

Just the opposite, honestly. He's actually made the team worse.

Has he made the team worse? He's certainly broken the 'odd year good, even year bad' cycle that we were on, but we were never anything more than a mediocre franchise. 

I maintain that we're very close to being a good team - the Brady hire(and the fallout of that - the muddled QB situation, the lack of investment in the OLine) literally torpedoed everything. 

I have a lot of faith in McAdoo being a competent OC, which would be light years better than what we've had the last two seasons. The defence is very good and only getting better - and will benefit from not being on the field all game. 

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

how many times do you see the president of ATT in commercials or directly addressing the customer? Coke? McDonalds? Paypal? Cisco? Any $B business? the owners job of a big corp isn’t to sell the product to the customer. that’s what PR and sales depts are for.

Tim Cook at MacWorld doesn’t count either. he’s not answering questions or selling product, he’s introducing new products. tepper is usually on hand when new draft picks are introduced.

silence from a CEO is not treating you like a peon. this is just another TRD “WE NEED ANSWERS” thread

If you want to make that comparison, a teams record is the sports equivalent to stock prices, and if the stock tanks you bet your ass the CEO is answering tough questions. And with constant 5 win seasons since Tepper seized power, he should be answering some Q&A's. But he won't because he doesnt care lol

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

If you want to make that comparison, a teams record is the sports equivalent to stock prices, and if the stock tanks you bet your ass the CEO is answering tough questions. And with constant 5 win seasons since Tepper seized power, he should be answering some Q&A's. But he won't because he doesnt care lol

Valid point.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah...None of that makes any sense. You basically just chose to ignore what didn't fit your narrative.

Get back to me when AT&T and T-Mobile are competing over 20 weeks in televised weekly contests that are watched by millions and have definitive results.

AT&T and T-mobile compete, and their competitions are viewed my millions every day. the market you sell to is irrelevant. sales is sales. apparently that doesn't make any sense.

9 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

the CEO answers tough questions to the board of directors and/or stock holders, not the customers. this discussion is about the CEO being visible to customers. how many customers did apples CEO talk to when their stock was at $12 in the 90s? zero.

Edited by Mother Grabber

5 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

AT&T and T-mobile compete, and their competitions are viewed my millions every day. the market you sell to is irrelevant. sales is sales. apparently that doesn't make any sense.

The comparison above between fans and shareholders is a pretty valid one. But outside that, nobody not employed by or associated with a particular company gives a sh-t whether they made more money than their competition.

Sports, on the other hand, is direct competition in a controlled setting. That's why it has fans, not shareholders.

But like companies do with shareholders, the leaders of NFL teams are obligated to put a worthy product on the field.

And if they don't, they deserve to be called out by the people their product is made for.

Edited by Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Has he made the team worse? He's certainly broken the 'odd year good, even year bad' cycle that we were on, but we were never anything more than a mediocre franchise. 

I maintain that we're very close to being a good team - the Brady hire(and the fallout of that - the muddled QB situation, the lack of investment in the OLine) literally torpedoed everything. 

I have a lot of faith in McAdoo being a competent OC, which would be light years better than what we've had the last two seasons. The defence is very good and only getting better - and will benefit from not being on the field all game. 

The last three years constitute the worst stretch of results the team has ever seen, and it'll be no shock if this season has similar results.

So yes, he's made the team worse.

6 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

the CEO answers tough questions to the board of directors and/or stock holders, not the customers. this discussion is about the CEO being visible to customers. how many customers did apples CEO talk to when their stock was at $12 in the 90s? zero.

Stock info is public information because there are tons of stock holders for big name companies for Apple. The inner working of it like the latest iPoo or whatever are private and that's basically stuff like draft boards or whatever.

Face it, Tepper doesn't care. I accepted that, and came to peace with the fact a while ago that he's a poo owner, but that's the reason why he isn't talking, not because of some misguided notion that CEOs don't talk to the public or whatever. There is no good reason why he can't say anything to the media.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin

I'm not real sure when we as a society decided it was best to always air out our opinions and thoughts. Honestly, I can appreciate a man whom decides to keep things close to the chest. A person who constantly yaps, is the person who deserves to get slapped. Ask Chris Rock what it's like always having to talk and entertain.

Tepper is an owner. He doesn't have to do squat for us if he doesn't want to.

• Pie 1