• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper Still Won’t Talk

BurnNChinn

14 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

That truly isn't in our best interest at this moment. 

Should want him to succeed.  

But I know you'd rather watch the team get blown up again. 

At this point yes, firing Rhule would do nothing except placate people. It doesn't discount that the move reasonably and arguably could/should have been made months ago.

Also, expecting the worst and frowning on what seems an inane decision doesn't mean someone actively wants to see the team fail. I'm sure most on here that believe keeping Rhule was a poor decision (myself included) would love nothing more than to be proven gloriously wrong should the team actually make a legit deep playoff run and/or win a Super Bowl. Unfortunately, such hope just doesn't make any kind of sense in the current reality.

2 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

I'm not real sure when we as a society decided it was best to always air out our opinions and thoughts. Honestly, I can appreciate a man whom decides to keep things close to the chest. A person who constantly yaps, is the person who deserves to get slapped. Ask Chris Rock what it's like always having to talk and entertain.

Tepper is an owner. He doesn't have to do squat for us if he doesn't want to.

Well...he kinda does.

He wants us to buy tickets to see his team play, so he kinda needs to build...ya know...a winning team.

If he's failing to do that, he deserves to be questioned.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

Stock info is public information because there are tons of stock holders for big name companies for Apple. The inner working of it like the latest iPoo or whatever are private and that's basically stuff like draft boards or whatever.

Face it, Tepper doesn't care. I accepted that, and came to peace with the fact a while ago that he's a poo owner, but that's the reason why he isn't talking, not because of some misguided notion that CEOs don't talk to the public or whatever. There is no good reason why he can't say anything to the media.

i have no idea what tepper does or does not care about. i’m not defending him, nor am i dumping on him. i’m merely saying visibility of leadership isn’t a given, shouldn’t be expected, and people shouldn’t get butt hurt over a lack of it.

John again...

There are plenty of owners who prefer to stay in the background and not put themselves out there.

Tepper hasn't been one of those guys. He was very visible as long as things were going well.

So how about if you don't want public scrutiny, don't put yourself out front? 🤔

24 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well...he kinda does.

He wants us to buy tickets to see his team play, so he kinda needs to build...ya know...a winning team.

If he's failing to do that, he deserves to be questioned.

Hey, I won't disagree there. But the fact of the matter is, as an owner he can pay people to handle the PR. Whether that is the best way to approach, and most effective way could and should be debated. But I guess I'm just stating that the expectation, and the hope that happens doesn't always have to be met just because we want it to. Especially when we already know the answer to the question we want to ask.

Matt Rhule is here because tepper wants him here. As a fan of the franchise I have to accept the mediocrity and the bs. Bc frankly tepper doesn't even know who TF I am.

That's just my perspective though, everyone doesn't have to agree.

4 minutes ago, Diehardpanth02 said:

as an owner he can pay people to handle the PR. Whether that is the best way to approach, and most effective way could and should be debated.

Well maybe this is what he should've done all along. But most fans will remember him getting in front of cameras and microphones often to engage in a public back and forth with the best quarterback in franchise history back in 2020. If he can do all that he can at the very least issue a public statement about the state of the team as other owners have done.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Well maybe this is what he should've done all along. But most fans will remember him getting in front of cameras and microphones often to engage in a public back and forth with the best quarterback in franchise history back in 2020. If he can do all that he can at the very least issue a public statement about the state of the team as other owners have done.

Hey man, I get it. He painted a pretty picture. But the harsh reality is, he's back pedaling now. Trying to save face. I would much prefer take a step back rather than run your mouth with fake promises and then make a hire like RHULE. At least then, when you are vocal saying that you probably made a mistake won't make you look as much a fool, as if you pranced him around Charlotte and the media as the savior and cultural change that we have all been begging for. He's handled it all wrong from the jump, and him being silent is at least a little acknowledgement for us that he's aware.

Best thing we can do to handle an owner like tepper is let our dollars do the talking. You won't respect us we won't support you. But expecting him to do so, bc we want him to. Is as childish as a kid asking for a Lamborghini for Christmas.

Edited by Diehardpanth02