• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer on the possibility of a trade back

Zod

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Trading down to get picks because you make a mistake with Darnold and miss on a top talent at 6 just screams incompetence. 

Maybe he thinks there isn’t much of a drop off in the first 20 or so. It’s also the reason why we might not have anyone wanting to trade up. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Trading down to get picks because you make a mistake with Darnold and miss on a top talent at 6 just screams incompetence. 

The fact that we are picking at 6 as opposed to deep in the 1st speaks more to their incompetence than trying to acquire more picks in my opinion. 

Lol no way this team trades back. They constantly talk about swinging at QBs and considering we don't have one there's no way they don't draft the QB they like most at 6.

They didn't spend effort putting an oline together on 1-2 year deals for Sam Darnold.

Edited by janderson20vt
  • Pie 3

I am getting so many mixed messages. 
We are getting a QB at 6. 
We are not getting a QB at 6 and trade back. 
We are getting the best LT or DE at 6. 
If we don’t get either a good LT or DE we are trading back. 
Likely if we trade back we won’t be getting any of the QBs they want. Likely the Falcons and Seahawks and maybe even the Lions will all select a QB. 
Trading back is fine as long as we can get some value out of gag pick. Even though I have never been a fan of trading back. 

• Beer 1
  • The D 1

14 minutes ago, chknwing said:

why do I feel we are trading back, picking an LT/C and then picking up Ridder in the 2nd.  Keep in mind Carolina had one of the best looks at Ridder and no need to goto his pro day.

Ridder would have been wise to come out last year.

As always with these QB prospects, the longer you start the more tape scouts have to pick apart your game. 

He's not very well thought of in scouting circles from what I can see - inaccurate as hell with lots of mechanical flaws.