• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule says giving CMC fewer reps at RB diminishes his value

Zod

6 hours ago, onmyown said:

that is what makes cam special and he did not have a lot of options, their oline was good so why not

lastly Cam was a lame duck, everyone and their mom knew it

but to be quite honest I’m not sure what this has to do with the topic. Elite coaches know how to utilize elite talent

I thought your point had something to do with good coaches not overusing/overworking their key players, subjecting them to excessive wear and tear/punishment, etc.

The fact that he used Cam as a battering ram makes me think he wouldn’t be exempt from running a player like CMC into the ground.

On 3/30/2022 at 7:36 AM, kungfoodude said:

I'm in a weird spot here because I actually agree with him. 

Honestly, the main concern isn't how many snaps CMC takes at RB but how many TOUCHES he gets at RB. Giving him the ball for 90% of our plays does its fair share towards wearing him down. He can still be in on a play as RB and make people question if he's getting it or somebody else. Especially so if we have more than one guy in at RB, which with Chubba and the addition of D'Onta Foreman we should be able to do.

• Beer 1

On 3/29/2022 at 6:09 AM, pantherj said:

How I would use CMC depends on how Sam looks in 2022. If Sam makes a huge leap, then I'm using the hell out of CMC to try and make playoffs. If he dies, he dies.

If Sam poops the bed again, then I'd move CMC around and limit his touches. No need to run him into the ground for a lost pointless season.

Bruh he’s been in the league for four years. There are no leaps coming. Any resemblance of a good season from him would most certainly be an anomaly. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Bruh he’s been in the league for four years. There are no leaps coming. Any resemblance of a good season from him would most certainly be an anomaly. 

I never wanted Sam here in the first place. I said it was a terrible idea from the start. We have a GM who is saying that Sam is going to make a big leap this season, so I'm taking his expertise into consideration in giving Sam a remote chance of improving.

Just now, Jmac said:

So him sitting on the beach three quarter of a season being on I.R. doesn't?

That's what I've been thinking. You run the guy into the ground and his body can't handle it and breaks down. More bulk + high level of usage = breaking down = no value whatsoever. 

He's abusing his body moreso than most in conditioning and then the amount of usage.... he just can't handle it and he gets sidelined. When he gets sidelined, he's of no value whatsoever.