• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Walker vs Malik Willis

Both come from small schools

Similar Height 5 11" 1/4 vs 6' 0 1/2"

TD to Int final season 22 TD 13 ints vs 29 TD 12 ints

Passing Yds 3295 vs 2857.

Inaccurate passer check both QBs.

Why draft a guy when we already have a similar skill set on the team. 

Get off the Willis hype train we don't need another 3rd string back-up QB. 

• Pie 13
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 4
  • Poo 13

20 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Both come from small schools

Similar Height 5 11" 1/4 vs 6' 0 1/2"

TD to Int final season 22 TD 13 ints vs 29 TD 12 ints

Passing Yds 3295 vs 2857.

Inaccurate passer check both QBs.

Why draft a guy when we already have a similar skill set on the team. 

Get off the Willis hype train we don't need another 3rd string back-up QB. 

PJ Walker can’t hold a candle to neither Willis’ arm talent nor his athleticism.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

@Martin @ForJimmy

Great rebuttals.  Come on tell me what makes them so different other than Willis being overhyped.

PJ threw nearly 450 more yards in his final season in a better conference than Willis.

If Willis was such a great QB why did he leave Auburn.  It's not like Auburn was trotting out a Heisman Trophy candidate every year.  He couldn't even win the starting job at Auburn so he transferred to a school where he could play.  Don't blame him because he wanted to play but the talent level Liberty played wasn't against quality programs. 

• Pie 6
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

@Martin @ForJimmy

Great rebuttals.  Come on tell me what makes them so different other than Willis being overhyped.

PJ threw nearly 450 more yards in his final season in a better conference than Willis.

If Willis was such a great QB why did he leave Auburn.  It's not like Auburn was trotting out a Heisman Trophy candidate every year.  He couldn't even win the starting job at Auburn so he transferred to a school where he could play.  Don't blame him because he wanted to play but the talent level Liberty played wasn't against quality programs. 

It seems like you're not really willing to listen to what people have to say on the subject.

8 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Please, he's over hyped and you're wrong.  PJ is just as athletic as Willis just not hyped up like Willis is.  In any other draft he would be a mid-round pick at best. 

goodness man. PJ Walker ran a 4.75 40 yard dash and never had more than 330 yards rushing. Willis is a bonafide athletic freak.

Honestly don’t know how you can look at them and be like “yeap. same guy.”.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

9 minutes ago, Julio said:

goodness man. PJ Walker ran a 4.75 40 yard dash and never had more than 330 yards rushing. Willis is a bonafide athletic freak.

Honestly don’t know how you can look at them and be like “yeap. same guy.”.

More athletic yes.  I'm not sure about an athletic freak.  There is too much tape of him getting ran down from behind by these small school linebackers.    I would guess (since he didnt work out at all we have to guess) that hes a mid to upper 4.5 guy.  Which is plenty athletic for a qb dont get me wrong.  I just wouldnt put him in the athletic freak department by default.  You've got to remember most of the defenders he was going against are definitely not going to be playing on Sundays or even considering it.  PJ walker went up against better defenses in college and much better defenses in the xfl.  All that said I wouldnt say the two are especially comparable. 

Edited by Tr3ach
  • Pie 1

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

@Martin @ForJimmy

I think my rebuttal was adequate compared to your post. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It seems like you're not really willing to listen to what people have to say on the subject.

Why?  I listen to everyone but that doesn't mean you're going to change my point of view.

Willis is overhyped and too dangerous of a pick especially at #6.   I think Corral and Howell are much better and saver picks. 

• Pie 1