• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlovsky: Pickett doesn’t have anything that isn’t coachable

Dorian Gray

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

Translation: there's nothing special about Pickett that should warrant a sixth pick. He's not a QB whose shoulders the team can stand upon when the going gets tough. When he meets another playoff-caliber team with a superior QB, that's the end of the line.

So who was carrying him in college??

26 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

I'm on a QB bandwagon every season. Usually the guy nobody is talking about or trying to move heaven and earth to get. Just the stats none of the hype. It was Justin Herbert(OROY), Kyle Trask, now Carson Strong.

Good call on Herbert. I have to admit I didn’t think he would make it in the NFL like he is. I thought him not living up to his hype at Oregon was a red flag. I was wrong. 

• Beer 1

39 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

No one during his senior year.

BUT

I doubt his particular abilities will be able to shoulder the Panthers to success. 

So you put Pickett behind a good O line with cmc, dj moore, robbie as weapons and you already convinced he wont be successful with panthers??

• Beer 1

Here's the thing. Everyone is guessing.. I can point out a million measurements and numbers but that guy could still bust. But* the thing is the same can be said for guys who are deemed pocket passers or complete 70% of their passes whatever. Would I love to find the next Tom Brady sure... 

The question is how.. Tom Brady was a unicorn.. a needle in a haystack nobody saw coming dropped to the 6th round. Guys with traits that are average or decent are harder to identify as being an elite qbs because they don't stand out.  If we are going to take a educated guess as to who the next great qb will be it's easier to spot if he does have freakish traits. Those I can see coming.

I could see Josh Allen's all world arm or Staffords generational cannon those thinfd translate... you can't say who will just have some Fitzmagic like Fitzpatrick or so. If you have to make a pick you picking the guy with the traits or the Ole well he was good in college and my gut tells me guy? What can you quantify and show your work so to speak as to why you drafted this guy. That's my thinking..

Edited by micnificent28
  • Pie 1

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't disagree with him, but this is the same dude that is STILL stumping for Sam Darnold. 

rTH.gif

I agree with you here. I think he falls victim to what a lot of subpar or average athletes who were coached up to maximum their talents  do — believe that everyone is just as coachable as they are

• Pie 1

Seems like almost everyone in this tread is missing the point. He isn't advocating against drafting Pickett. He is saying that taking a guy who doesn't have a crazy high ceiling isn't worth taking with a high first round pick. 

A bunch of all time great QB's were brought up as an example and almost all of them were late first to 6/7th round draft picks.

If you are drafting a player with a top 10 pick, you better be drafting them with the mentality that the player is going to become an all pro level player. I wouldn't want to use a top 10 pick on a QB if I didn't think they had a chance to become an elite quarterback. With picks that high you should go with BPA, if you are drafting for need then trade back and get more value and more picks.

Lucky for the Panthers, we have a huge need at LT and it just so happens a LT will most likely also be the best players available at pick #6.

• Pie 4

10 hours ago, rippadonn said:

I'm on a QB bandwagon every season. Usually the guy nobody is talking about or trying to move heaven and earth to get. Just the stats none of the hype. It was Justin Herbert(OROY), Kyle Trask, now Carson Strong.

6-4 226 strong arm, 70% cmp, 36 TD 8 ints, 4186 yards, 156.8 PR (his lowest in 2019 was 121.8 PR)

Strong could be a steal in the second round.  Some say he didn't look great at the Senior Bowl or his pro day, he stares down receivers and  injuries limit his mobility.  He was sacked 36 times in 2021.

12 hours ago, jb2288 said:

Not really unless he just means physical traits. I don’t think it’s possible to teach the dog and clutch that Brady has. You either have that or you don’t. 

But did Brady ever show he was that guy at Michigan?

10 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

So who was carrying him in college??

Jordan Addision?  If you guys don't know that name, you should get familiar.  Hes an absolute beast.  He was KPs top WR who went for 93/1479/17 last season.  He will be a high first rounder next draft.  

13 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Yep! If you don't avg 50 yds a game on the ground, can't scramble through 11 players on your way to a flip dive in the endzone, then just quit now. This is the new NFL, baby! Pocket passing is SO nerdy!

cam newton permanently broke some of you

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

cam newton permanently broke some of you

In a thread about Kenny Pickett. At this point I feel bad for his family. We just have to read his posts once in awhile. They have to live with that. Hope he gets some help.