• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

17 minutes ago, GEM said:

Very proud of these Tar Heels!! Their first possession in the second half you could tell that they were going to work clock and take good shots. But,it never works out to take foot off gas. Kansas was deeper and stronger. It might have hurt less getting blown out. BUT, it was a GREAT EFFORT!!

Yeah, the Heels have never played well when they go into "protect the lead" mode but I think Hubert knew his guys were running out of gas. I still think we would've been better off keeping the foot on the gas until the foot fell off but it's easy to say you should've done something different in hindsight. I'm proud of the way the team kept fighting like hell and didn't fold when KU came back. We couldn't hit water from a boat but the heart and effort never lacked.

55 minutes ago, Burnout189 said:

Yeah Love was definitely not having a good night

They wouldn’t have gotten to the Final if he hadn’t gotten on a heater and I know was disappointed in his play last night…

…but damn Hubie needs to coach him up on body language — his behavior in the post-game presser was awful and disrespectful to the UNC-CH brand 🤦‍♂️

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

They wouldn’t have gotten to the Final if he hadn’t gotten on a heater and I know was disappointed in his play last night…

…but damn Hubie needs to coach him up on body language — his behavior in the post-game presser was awful and disrespectful to the UNC-CH brand 🤦‍♂️

Maybe he should just do like Tepper and hide in the basement when things don't go well.

It's real tough today. Putting one foot in front of the other. BUT, there are just to many things to be proud of. My man Manek took one hell of a shot. Looked like he got hit by Mike Tyson and got up and just played his heart out. Others played thru injuries too! We are still making tough kids. 

8 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

So is it better to get tossed out of the tournament early or go to the finals and give up the largest lead ever and lose a close one?

Finals. Every time. If you're asking which is easier to swallow, it's being bounced early. But give me a finals appearance every time.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

So is it better to get tossed out of the tournament early or go to the finals and give up the largest lead ever and lose a close one?

Miss out on the opportunity to end K's career with a Final Four loss? Yeah man, you just don't get it.

As much as it sucked losing those two Super Bowls I sure as hell enjoyed those seasons a lot more than floundering around with five win poo show seasons under Rhule. It's fun to compete. Even when you come up short. It just plain sucks to suck.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Was a fun game. But disappointing. Don’t know why they were rushing down the court those final seconds. They didn’t need to do all those desperation shots they had enough time for a quick reset. 

I don't know, man. The way we had been shooting we needed all the cracks at it we could get. 😂

On 4/4/2022 at 12:27 PM, NCTHFL0567 said:

This is just false from so many perspectives and I despise Duke with a passion.

It's easily the best place to watch a CBB game in the entire country. I've been to over 20 games there and it never gets old. Including the UNC vs Duke game this year. Plus, the Zion Williamson shoe game. UNC's arena is atrocious now. It never sells out unless it's Duke and it's too, damn, big. Old Carmichael was better than that. Duke remodeled around the arena completely by the way. Including the football stadium. I know you guys hate them, but you gotta stop lying. 

He meant the arena is a dump. And it is. The atmosphere? That's what's amazing. But come on, they but the broadcast team in the rafters, the fans are basically on the court, and I've seen church sanctuarys in rural Mississippi that look nicer than Cameron. But yes, you can't beat what the student section gives.

• Beer 1